Ceci, what is his potential ?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I ain't seeing the Doughty light comparisons.

Hes more like a young Philips, a 4-5 dman at most.

20-25 points at most. Hopefully he becomes our Petry.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci lack of offense is kind of shocking. He walks over the blue line and wrists it at the goalies crest. Instead of finding him a steady stay at home guy it might end up being the other way around.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
As soon as he has a decent partner we will know fully what his potential will be.

In the mean time it is hard to assess him when he is being tossed anchors for d partners.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Does anyone know what the injury is? I remember a poster saying it's a soft tissue injury, and he won't be 100% for the rest of the year. Plus it's an upper body injury. So... concussion?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's already a 20-30 point defenseman because of how well he moves the puck. That's without powerplay time as well. Saying he's Chris Phillips because he hasn't put up big point totals yet is not logical.

If someone could just teach the kid how to shoot the proper way he could put up over 30 points a season. He has a rocket of a shot but always hangs onto the puck too long. That may have worked in junior but in the NHL it's often the quick release that scores over the big shot. So many chances wasted by him this year because of his inability to get the shot off quickly.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
OK, Doughty lite lite.

Pair him with a veteran minute eater and let his game grow. Right now he tends to make no risk plays, which in itself is not always the right defensive play.

When he grows, he will be a solid number 3 with a good two way game. Right now he is always hemmed in in his zone with this roster.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
He screams Jason Garrison at his peak to me. He isn't Garrison today but I don't see a ton of potential beyond that.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Excellent bottom pairing and borderline 2nd pairing defenceman. Could be higher but won't know until he gets a steady veteran partner as others have said.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He's already a decent second pair guy.

I wouldn't go that far. He's had games where he looks good but for the most part hes just there. He chases the puck alot from what I noticed and has very little offensive ability/creativity. I wouldn't even know how to categorize him as a defenceman. Is he a stay at home? 2 way?

Perhaps with an anchor on the second pairing he may look better.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Excellent bottom pairing and borderline 2nd pairing defenceman. Could be higher but won't know until he gets a steady veteran partner as others have said.

Question is what is his potential vs where should he be playing now or under what circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad