Ceci, what is his potential ?

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Personally, at this point it would be nice to see a bit more progress from him, more so his offensive game. Seems like he'll end up being an ok player in the league, but he isn't really horrible, or great at anything at this point.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I've seen his offense take a step forward this year. He's creating rushes and Karlsson has certainely rubbed off on him well. He will never be more than a 3 on this team with Karlsson on the first pair, but he has what it takes to be a great second pairing defenseman. I'd say so far this year he has been a good second pairing defenseman as it is.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
looks like Phillips

offense in juniors and more defensive who can skate in the nhl with limited offensive

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
he has some offensive instincts when it comes to getting into the right places for offense but hasnt shown much with his shot or passing imo.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
#3D playing behind Karlsson. Fine by me.

Good offensive instincts, developed a knack for end to end rushes, good pucking moving D.

Needs work on his D game but not horrible by any means. Will be a solid #3 two-way soon if we can find him a good vet partner to insulate him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Good #3 defenseman that can put up 30-40 points with above average defensive play

His development has stagnated because of Murray's incompetence. Forced Ceci into the NHL because of how weak our defense is, and having to carry Phillips and Wiercioch on the 2nd pairing for the last three seasons would hurt any player in this league, let alone a young defenseman.

Put a veteran top 4 D beside him and he'd look a hell of a lot better than he does right now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well I guess the Brian kilrea comment of "if you like doughty you'll love Ceci" won't be coming to fruition. Because I like doughty. Not sure how I feel about Ceci.

Othello*

#3 or #4 Defenseman.
30 point upside
~20 minutes a game.

It's unfortunate he had a revolving door of Phillips,Cowen and Wiercioch as his partners.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Given a proper partner, I think he can anchor the 2nd pairing and hit 35pts while being solid but not spectacular in all three zones.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Keep in mind he just turned 22 the other day. Most NHL defencemen don't hit their primes until their mid to late 20s. I think Ceci is going to be a solid first or second pairing defenceman in this league for the next ten years or so. He's not overly physical, but boy does he ever skate nicely, and that counts for an awful lot in today's game...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Number 2-3 defender.

Give this guy ****ing help. Karlsson struggled with Cowen and Wier yet we are giving them to a 21 year old defender who was likely rushed? Wtf type of development and management is this.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Number 2-3 defender.

Give this guy ****ing help. Karlsson struggled with Cowen and Wier yet we are giving them to a 21 year old defender who was likely rushed? Wtf type of development and management is this.

It's management desperately trying to sell hope. "Ouuu look. This local d man is ALREADY ready for the NHL. Please buy tickets"

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I still havent heard definitively what his injury is, but the latest was that he was thought to be week to week now.

And im figuring missing him is going to really hurt. Cause he has been developing really well. Sure he makes lots of rookie mistakes, but he shows so much good, i cant imagine despairing over his development anywhere near as much as we will be despairing over his loss now. He looks like a #3 in the making to me with a shot at a top pairing d some day.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bingo. They have similar style, Ceci needs to be a bit more assertive and physical. He needs a steady veteran player as his defense partner to grow his offensive game.

I dono. Doughty is way more agile. Ceci has a really clunky style to his skating and puck handling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad