McKenzie: Ceci trade "within the realm of possibility"

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh Ceci,s partners havent been stellar either ...If the best one was Phaneuf .....Not saying Ceci doesnt have warts but wouldnt be surprised if he played better on a much more stable blueline than Ottawa,s trainwreck

Reactions: derriko

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
OZhSm2l.gif

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ceci is not NHL caliber.

Ceci is not NHL caliber.

Playing big minutes and outright getting killed doing so makes you a bad defenseman.

Dorion would do extremely well not to take a bad asset back in a trade. Anything of actual value they'd get would be a landslide win.
Is Cowen,Phaneuf , Lajoie,Harpur,Wiercioch??Because that is whom he has played those shut down mins with...Not saying that Ceci is anything more than a 5/4 defender but he really hasnt has much to work with either

Reactions: derriko

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Within the realm of possibility?

I will never understand why the Sens have such a hard on for Ceci.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Is Cowen,Phaneuf , Lajoie,Harpur,Wiercioch??Because that is whom he has played those shut down mins with...Not saying that Ceci is anything more than a 5/4 defender but he really hasnt has much to work with either
cecixco93

This is an estimation of Ceci's impact in isolation. Terrible defensively, way below average offensively.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I mean, Ceci playing top 4 is hardly better

I mean he's no stalwart but he's a one million times better option than Polak.

Ceci is not NHL caliber.

Ceci is not NHL caliber.

Playing big minutes and outright getting killed doing so makes you a bad defenseman.

Dorion would do extremely well not to take a bad asset back in a trade. Anything of actual value they'd get would be a landslide win.

This is nonsense. He's the Sens whipping boy on D and he obviously deserves a lot of the flak he gets, but he's easily an NHL player, he's just playing out of his depth for the past 2 seasons as Boucher's main shutdown D. Pair him with a legit top 4 D and watch him surpass your very low expectations. You're just stat-watching and it shows.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Ceci is not one million times better than anybody.

There are a few teams where Ceci would arguably be the 7D.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oh gosh is that really happening?

Yep. I can't decide what's worse, the fact that he gets top 4 minutes or the fact that he constantly jumps up on the rush or deep in the offensive zone instead of letting Heiskanen do it. Watching him attempt to be a good player offensively just makes me cringe. He brings a nice physical edge in front of the net but everything else is just baddd

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Are they looking for a huge return? Didn't they turn down Hall for Ceci?
I dont think they turned it down but if Larsson wasnt offered up I think that was edmontons 2nd choice

Hopefully they still value him so highly lol

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Yep. I can't decide what's worse, the fact that he gets top 4 minutes or the fact that he constantly jumps up on the rush or deep in the offensive zone instead of letting Heiskanen do it. Watching him attempt to be a good player offensively just makes me cringe
He never did that with us. Someones gotta leash him. He's effective when he's hitting people and being OK positionally. He's too slow to be an offensive player.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He never did that with us. Someones gotta leash him. He's effective when he's hitting people and being OK positionally. He's too slow to be an offensive player.

Yeah its baddd...I mean I love how hard he tries every shift but when he gets the puck at the point and Heiskanen is wide open at the other point and he shoots it himself instead...oof its frustrating to watch. You should see how many times per game he gets up to forecheck :laugh:

Reactions: varano

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd like to see that list of teams, would you care to share?

Off the top of my head? Calgary, Anaheim, Carolina, San Jose, Winnipeg all have 3 RD better than Ceci

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

This is nonsense. He's the Sens whipping boy on D and he obviously deserves a lot of the flak he gets, but he's easily an NHL player, he's just playing out of his depth for the past 2 seasons as Boucher's main shutdown D. Pair him with a legit top 4 D and watch him surpass your very low expectations. You're just stat-watching and it shows.

I don't know.

I haven't seen a lot of improvement over 6 seasons or so of games.

He's not physical enough, he's not offensive enough, he's not decisive enough, and he doesn't have a great deal of hockey IQ.

He's the complete package of mediocrity.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Off the top of my head? Calgary, Anaheim, Carolina, San Jose, Winnipeg all have 3 RD better than Ceci

Oh so we're using the RD argument? Lots of players play their offside especially in a league with a majority of LH players. The point is he wouldn't be the worst D on every single one of the teams you mentioned, thus in the top 6 and thus not the 7th D. Coaches make room for players.

I don't know.

I haven't seen a lot of improvement over 6 seasons or so of games.

He's not physical enough, he's not offensive enough, he's not decisive enough, and he doesn't have a great deal of hockey IQ.

He's the complete package of mediocrity.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion and that's fair. At the end of the day, he's physical when he needs to be (I've seen him cause good separation using his big body), he's obviously not Andy Sutton but he gets that done. His hockey IQ and decision making is average for sure, but if it was great he would be a top pairing D... it's what limits him because his physical skills are pretty damn good. Very good skater, good shot, strong player.

And he's on pace to equal his career high 10 goals and to put up 20+ points for the first time in 2 years. He's not a complete black hole offensively. Not even close actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad