CCHL2 2015/16 Season

Bossman

Oct 1, 2015
Sorry I will attempt to explain. CCHL2 teams have been told not to sign a 16 year old from HEO who has been drafted or protected by a CCHL1 team ...undrafted or unprotected 16 year olds from HEO can be signed by CCHL2 teams .....16 year olds from outside HEO ( example Kingston ) can be signed by CCHL2 teams ....CCHL1 is basically dictating to CCHL2 what 16 year olds that can be signed....obviously the idea is to have protected drafted HEO 16 year olds play U18......hope that clarifies it for you....Comments?
Example ...Ryan Bangs who is a HEO 16 year old protected /drafted player ....should he not play in the O and not make the CP Kings ...can Bangs sign and play with the PBW if he so desired or his only option in the area would be U18 or minor hockey ?
Congrats on the big win last nite.

Ryan Bangs is definitely playing JR hockey next season

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Sorry I will attempt to explain. CCHL2 teams have been told not to sign a 16 year old from HEO who has been drafted or protected by a CCHL1 team ...undrafted or unprotected 16 year olds from HEO can be signed by CCHL2 teams .....16 year olds from outside HEO ( example Kingston ) can be signed by CCHL2 teams ....CCHL1 is basically dictating to CCHL2 what 16 year olds that can be signed....obviously the idea is to have protected drafted HEO 16 year olds play U18......hope that clarifies it for you....Comments?
Example ...Ryan Bangs who is a HEO 16 year old protected /drafted player ....should he not play in the O and not make the CP Kings ...can Bangs sign and play with the PBW if he so desired or his only option in the area would be U18 or minor hockey ?
Congrats on the big win last nite.

No comment coach?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
LMAO...sure!

Look at his u18 team for yourself and notice there are 10 players born in 1999. If rules stay the same then only 3 can play u18 next year so 7 kids need to find a place to play. Not all are Jr.A caliber yet so CCHL2 will be a good spot for them.

Not sure why you guys like to bash Mr. Clarke for each comment he makes? I am happy he posts here and Gregg Kennedy because they come with facts not rumours. I wish more from HEO executive were more open to discussion because it would help league alot by getting more facts outs and everyone knows what is going on for real. Without these guys, most of these discussions would not be worth reading.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Look at his u18 team for yourself and notice there are 10 players born in 1999. If rules stay the same then only 3 can play u18 next year so 7 kids need to find a place to play. Not all are Jr.A caliber yet so CCHL2 will be a good spot for them.

Not sure why you guys like to bash Mr. Clarke for each comment he makes? I am happy he posts here and Gregg Kennedy because they come with facts not rumours. I wish more from HEO executive were more open to discussion because it would help league alot by getting more facts outs and everyone knows what is going on for real. Without these guys, most of these discussions would not be worth reading.

Not bashing anybody ...big fan of CP and the job coach/ owner Clarke has done there ...so let's be clear on that ......if there is a subject that the league and participants don't wish to comment on at ths time then that is fine ....but the facts are that CCHL2 teams have been told NOT to sign any HEO drafted or protected 16 year olds for next season.....and it is somewhat surprising that league/ team officials in all three leagues haven't been told this.
They want them playin U18 if they don't make a CCHL1 roster ....fees are higher , same way 21 year olds are being weeded out of league as in all likely hood none pay the league fees and our taking roster spots from younger players that will be forced to pay......I think it's great that there is more revenue for theses owners as I truly believe its a financial struggle for some on a stand alone business operation .But there becomes a point were enough is enough.
But if little Johnny a HEO drafted 16 year old doesn't crack a CCHL1 roster HE should have the choice to play U18 or his home town CCHL2 team...plain and simple......as a CCHL2 fan theses age restrictions and changes Make the on ice product weaker.....the continual pi---ng match that goes on here between supporters and non supporters is getting tiring ....all these changes are about business and profit ...nothing wrong with that to a point...but in my opinion the power/ policy makers have taken it too far.......all knowledgable fans , management , players and parents know ......but may not speak it ...it's all about the money snd control....which is obvious.

Last edited:

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Not bashing anybody ...big fan of CP and the job coach/ owner Clarke has done there ...so let's be clear on that ......if there is a subject that the league and participants don't wish to comment on at ths time then that is fine ....but the facts are that CCHL2 teams have been told NOT to sign any HEO drafted or protected 16 year olds for next season.....and it is somewhat surprising that league/ team officials in all three leagues haven't been told this.
They want them playin U18 if they don't make a CCHL1 roster ....fees are higher , same way 21 year olds are being weeded out of league as in all likely hood none pay the league fees and our taking roster spots from younger players that will be forced to pay......I think it's great that there is more revenue for theses owners as I truly believe its a financial struggle for some on a stand alone business operation .But there becomes a point were enough is enough.
But if little Johnny a HEO drafted 16 year old doesn't crack a CCHL1 roster HE should have the choice to play U18 or his home town CCHL2 team...plain and simple......as a CCHL2 fan theses age restrictions and changes Make the on ice product weaker.....the continual pi---ng match that goes on here between supporters and non supporters is getting tiring ....all these changes are about business and profit ...nothing wrong with that to a point...but in my opinion the power/ policy makers have taken it too far.......all knowledgable fans , management , players and parents know ......but may not speak it ...it's all about the money snd control....which is obvious.

JR B was always trying to play both sides of the fence. A development league for younger players and a wind up league for guys that were done. Now they are moving (or being pushed) into a new role, a middle league for players trying to crack the CCHL.

If this model is successful, the club system will be in place and the club will control the development of it's players from Midget onwards.

As for this thread, there seems to be some confusion. I don't think anyone in the league has suggested that 17 year old's won't play CCHL2 as mentioned in one post, just 16 year olds, and if they can make U18 a good product, I honestly believe that U18 is a better place socially, schooling, etc.. then CCHL2.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016

I agree that 16 year olds don't belong in CCHL2 because top two should make CCHL team if good enough. If u18 is coached right then players will learn systems that their Jr.A team uses and top 16 year olds will be put in alot of key situations and learn to become a leader early which will be an asset long term. Also, affiliation is easier so I expect more players getting close to their 10 game limit next year. 16 year olds are also not physically ready to play in Jr.B and is less practices, less icetime and being the young kid worth it compared to be the leader and having the puck more on your stick? I do not think 21 year olds will be removed until league knows they have enough young guys to fill teams. I don't think you can ban 16 year olds from trying out but they will have to know consequences before deciding. Cumberland, Kanata and CP top u18 lines could have been stand outs in Jr.B but I honestly think they developed more in u18 because all situations they were put in.

One thing to think about after this OHL draft, how many players in u18 and Jr.B picked in last few years? Tells you where more skill was.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015

I dont know the rule because the changes have yet to be made in u18. So very tough to comment. Teams who want to win will have there players play at the highest level in order to continue to develop. Plain and simple. Lots anf lots of good players to play U18 from different levels. We agin next year will have aaa aa and rep b mix.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
JR B was always trying to play both sides of the fence. A development league for younger players and a wind up league for guys that were done. Now they are moving (or being pushed) into a new role, a middle league for players trying to crack the CCHL.

If this model is successful, the club system will be in place and the club will control the development of it's players from Midget onwards.

As for this thread, there seems to be some confusion. I don't think anyone in the league has suggested that 17 year old's won't play CCHL2 as mentioned in one post, just 16 year olds, and if they can make U18 a good product, I honestly believe that U18 is a better place socially, schooling, etc.. then CCHL2.

Only 2 cards per team for 16 yr olds....will be lots of 2000 playing u18 again

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Mike Riopelle named new head coach in Renfrew. His son and former Timberwolve Jesse Riopelle will be his assistant.

Last edited:

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
Mike Riopelle named new head coach in Renfrew. His son and former Timberwolve Jesse Riopelle will be his assistant.

I wish the Riopelle tandum the best of luck as after reading about their hiring and see that he has only coached Minor rep B over 16yrs and nothing in the last 4 or 5yrs makes this an extremely tough assignment. The GM/Prez says he wants more local talent but what if there isn't any? In small town kids leave for school at17/18 which creates a large problem for the local content. Move over Brockville here comes the Wolfpack

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
I wish the Riopelle tandum the best of luck as after reading about their hiring and see that he has only coached Minor rep B over 16yrs and nothing in the last 4 or 5yrs makes this an extremely tough assignment. The GM/Prez says he wants more local talent but what if there isn't any? In small town kids leave for school at17/18 which creates a large problem for the local content. Move over Brockville here comes the Wolfpack

They have to start somewhere, get some young players and a goalie. Give the coaches a chance, they didn't make playoffs last year so if they have any older players that can be moved do it, get something in return and start over. Kids that are in there last years wont wanna stick around for a rebuild and who can blame them.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Will we see some 20 yr olds from CCHL 2 moving to JR C league this coming season in order to get another year of hockey as a 21 year old. I assume you have to play in JR C league as a 20 to be able to play at 21. Especially now that the rumour is only two 21 yr olds in CCHL 2 and apparently none the following season. CCHL 2 is getting younger. Need to make room for all the U18 players who are graduating. Anyone hear anything about cutting 4 more teams to 12 so they can line up with CCHL 1, or has that idea gone away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad