Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois and 2022 3rd round for Patrik Laine (26% retained) and Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Have the masses of people saying this ever heard of Alexandre Texier, anyway?
Alright fine, #1B centre. There's 1 minute of ES time separating them. And Texier has a lot of prove... good start to the season, but we'll see if it continues. 33% shooting rate won't continue.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Whose going to score for Winnipeg? Also they need defencemen badly.

Columbus needs a few centers urgently.
Our defence is better then Torontos’s at least if you count goals against the last few years.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Teams have won a cup without wingers like that - as long as they're strong down the middle.

And Laine isn't an established 40 goalscorer, he's done it once in 4 seasons.. in the past 2 he's been more of a 30 goalscorer.

Laine surely deserves the benefit of the doubt that he would have done it in his rookie year but yes he has trended away from it lately.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Columbus will not be short of llama drama with Torts and Laine together.

Get your popcorn ready.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Teams have won a cup without wingers like that - as long as they're strong down the middle.

And Laine isn't an established 40 goalscorer, he's done it once in 4 seasons.. in the past 2 he's been more of a 30 goalscorer. If he was scoring 40 every year WPG doesn't do this deal.

You don't think he's established himself as a perennial threat to score 40 goals?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Strange. All i've heard on this board is that C >> value than W. Now it seems that opinion has changed. :laugh:

It hasnt, not sure where you got that from. C will always be the most valuable position in hockey (as long as the goalie is alright)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
On the surface it looks like the Jets gave up the more talented player in Laine but also got rid of the biggest headache in the deal.

Fresh start notwithstanding I really question how well Laine will do with Torts, and I can see him becoming one of those talented but enigmatic type players.

Dubois will be a good fit for Winnipeg, just wish he had extended beyond 2 years to keep him longer.

How is Laine the bigger headache? :D :D :D PLD quit on his team and is the guy who demanded a trade. Have you read the news last couple of days? I`m actually not amazed that theese comments all the time comes from the same area.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
PLD is the best and most valuable players in the trade. But adding Roslovic makes the value alright, imo. Just not sure how the Jackets can win hockey games without a true #1C. PLD is top 20 in centers in the league, for sure, and now the Jets have a one-two punch that's better than Backstrom/Kuznetsov. Almost unfair.

Laine is not a complete hockey player, so I'm curious to see how he does in Columbus where you have to play with intensity.

Reactions: Waterbuf

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Does trading PLD for another C who is no better than Domi/Texier help make them better? If a 1C isn’t available in a trade and a player is forcing said trade with a trade request and embarrassing effort, is the best case at that point not to get max value?

Again, I agree this makes CBJ look way worse down the middle, but I think this was really well done by them given the situation. Max value.

Winnipeg got better in the conventional sense you’re looking at this so I think both win.
Getting a better C than Domi/Texier should have been easy as neither are very good C's.
Problem is the Jackets thought they were going to hit a home run in acquiring an equivalent C. The rest of the board know it was never going to happen so they took the next best thing....Laine.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

And Laine isn't an established 40 goalscorer, he's done it once in 4 seasons.. in the past 2 he's been more of a 30 goalscorer. If he was scoring 40 every year WPG doesn't do this deal.
Circle gets the square

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Panarin is a different breed than Laine
Panarin is the better player, yes. That said, he's not exactly the guy you look at for his excelling effort (certainly not so far in the Rangers season, I've watched those games and last night was pathetic from him), he does well because of his positioning and skill. Laine was the hardest working Jet in their first game, he's also much better defensively than given credit for. He'll do fine under Torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad