GDT: CBJ@Vegas, 10:30PM EST

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am going to say this, and I do not mind criticized for it, but the one clear "loser" who needs to be moved is Werenski. What do others think?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I am going to say this, and I do not mind criticized for it, but the one clear "loser" who needs to be moved is Werenski. What do others think?
I think he is not worth what he's being paid. Maybe he'll justify it in the future if he remains healthy and the rest of the team is better.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think if you’re going to do that you’re throwing an atomic bomb to the locker room and signaling you’re re-starting the rebuild.

So no, I’m not in favor of that at all

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
And those players need to disappear. If you can't count on them when the team is down, how are you so sure you can count on them when the team is up?

The loser mentality must get erased from the roster. Whoever the next GM is going to be should be studying the game tape now to see the real character of some players. It's easy to to act happy when things are going good but how they act on a regular basis when things are shitty is the true judge of these players.
Theoretically you are right but in reality losing like the Jackets have does take a toll and its not unusual for guys to mail it in during the lost cause stretch. Personally I hope they all do. Last thing the Jackets need is a big winning streak to finish the season. All the 16 game streak did was eff up a draft pick.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think if you’re going to do that you’re throwing an atomic bomb to the locker room and signaling you’re re-starting the rebuild.

So no, I’m not in favor of that at all

That and you'd be pissing away an elite player just entering his prime.

He's really had an amazing season in my opinion, I don't care about a few bad games at the end of a year like this.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Werenski is nowhere near as bad as people have been saying he is. 4 points from a career high, leads team in average time on ice and is actually a + player. He has been the only bright spot on this team aside from Tarasov's recent play.

I know, he is the sole reason our power play is bad, everyone else has been great and he brought them down.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on from him. Once we get rid of all the guys that want to be in Columbus, we can bitch how no one wants to be in Columbus.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Werenski is nowhere near as bad as people have been saying he is. 4 points from a career high, leads team in average time on ice and is actually a + player. He has been the only bright spot on this team aside from Tarasov's recent play.

I know, he is the sole reason our power play is bad, everyone else has been great and he brought them down.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on from him. Once we get rid of all the guys that want to be in Columbus, we can bitch how no one wants to be in Columbus.
If we have our choice between someone who is winner but doesn't want to be here and someone who wants to be here but doesn't help the team win, I'm taking the one who helps the team win.

if we win enough, then they'll want to be here AND win. Nobody chooses to live in Pittsburgh without a purpose of being there.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
If we have our choice between someone who is winner but doesn't want to be here and someone who wants to be here but doesn't help the team win, I'm taking the one who helps the team win.

if we win enough, then they'll want to be here AND win. Nobody chooses to live in Pittsburgh without a purpose of being there.
Not sure why Werenski would be considered a loser, but whatever. A winner that doesn't want to be here won't come here, I am sure they would have better choices.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not sure why Werenski would be considered a loser, but whatever. A winner that doesn't want to be here won't come here, I am sure they would have better choices.
I don’t think I ever said he was. I was just speaking in generalities. We do need to develop our own “winners” and not players where the GM plays hardball with their contracts and they force their way out of town.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Werenski is as much of a problem that Gaudreau is.

And that’s about a level or 2 below how much of a problem Laine and Elvis are.

IMO.

That said, this group of soft vets as a “core”, along with our young players lacking versatility (positionally and stylistically) and our mix of mainly offensive minded defensemen, has been proven to NOT be a good mix.

Big changes still need to be made to the roster AND overall organizational build, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad