Rumor: CBJ scouting Boston

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
Hmmm...

@Aportzline: #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen is in St. Paul for tonight's #mnwild vs #Bruins tilt. Must be advance scouting for NYE game. #yuhhuh

@Aportzline: #CBJ asst GM Bill Zito was at a recent #Bruins game in Boston. Again, advance scouting 12/27 game, surely.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hmmm...

@Aportzline: #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen is in St. Paul for tonight's #mnwild vs #Bruins tilt. Must be advance scouting for NYE game. #yuhhuh

@Aportzline: #CBJ asst GM Bill Zito was at a recent #Bruins game in Boston. Again, advance scouting 12/27 game, surely.

As long as we don't hear the name Loui Eriksson in the upcoming rumors I can live with it..

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
In all seriousness though, I'm not sure who the CBJ would be targeting and I'm a little worried it is Lucic. He's not worth 6+ million and I'd hate to have to cheer for him. I'd have to shower after every game.

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
As long as we don't hear the name Loui Eriksson in the upcoming rumors I can live with it..

It would just about have to be Eriksson, wouldn't it? Who else would the Bruins be willing to part with?

Not saying I would want him, especially with his concussion history.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It would just about have to be Eriksson, wouldn't it? Who else would the Bruins be willing to part with?

Not saying I would want him, especially with his concussion history.

He's not worth what they would want for him, this has me worried tbh.

Hopefully it's nothing though.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Boston certainly has a lot of NTC clauses and a lot of salary they need to move. They seem to be really pigeonholed by over 4.7 million in bonus overages from last season. Hard to say if there is even a match there between NTC and whatever else is left.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
If it's Marchand or Lucic, I'm going to puke.

Also, like I said in another thread, Jarmo acquiring all of this forward depth makes me think something big is on the horizon.

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
Ha - and Eriksson gets the game winner in OT tonight. 2 point night for him. And Jarmo was there to see it all.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Marchand and Lucic are the guys you hate to play against. Not the guys you hate to have on your team. I'd love 'em.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
but neither are the players they were just a year ago or even 2 yrs ago...we have an ability to aim higher

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Marchand and Lucic are the guys you hate to play against. Not the guys you hate to have on your team. I'd love 'em.

I'd possibly get over it with time but man they are 2 of my most hated people in the league. One is a cry baby and the other is a diving rat. Although Marchand has seemed to calm down a bit

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Not sure if people have watched Boston this year but I really don't think they'd part with Svedberg. Ofcourse it would be nice but watching Rask a few games he's been up and down so until he regains his consistency I doubt they'd even consider a backup downgrade. Plus when you think of Boston making a trade you'd have to assume they'd be looking to send money and save.
CBJwennberg may be right that Boston would consider Atkinson to add some scoring on the right side which they really need plus the lower salary but at the same time Chiarelli has already been on record saying he wants size

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Not sure if people have watched Boston this year but I really don't think they'd part with Svedberg. Ofcourse it would be nice but watching Rask a few games he's been up and down so until he regains his consistency I doubt they'd even consider a backup downgrade. Plus when you think of Boston making a trade you'd have to assume they'd be looking to send money and save.
CBJwennberg may be right that Boston would consider Atkinson to add some scoring on the right side which they really need plus the lower salary but at the same time Chiarelli has already been on record saying he wants size

Us and Boston just doesn't add up.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So if it's Eriksson, what would we offer? I have no clue. I'm terrible with proposals. Atkinson + Rychel + draft pick?

i do remember whispers about JJ to Boston at last year's trade deadline.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Us and Boston just doesn't add up.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing the fit either. These things often don't come to fruition, but they are likely at least looking at someone more closely if both Zito and Jarmo have been there.

Boston will be looking to shed salary and we have lots of cap space. So Svedberg doesn't make sense. I don't really see a defenseman that we'd be targeting or Boston would be giving up. Eriksson, Lucic and Marchand I guess are the prime suspects, depending on whether their modified NTC doesn't preclude Columbus.

The deal doesn't excite me but I could see something being discussed involving Eriksson and Atkinson.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So if it's Eriksson, what would we offer? I have no clue. I'm terrible with proposals. Atkinson + Rychel + draft pick?

i do remember whispers about JJ to Boston at last year's trade deadline.

Way too much. And I like Eriksson. Maybe Atkinson straight up. And even that I'd hope the Bruins chip in - they're saving a lot of money and Eriksson is 4 years older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad