Rumor: CBJ interested in Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
As I suspected, looks like we'll be going the FA route for our dman. I would be overjoyed with Martin. Less so with Jackman.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Not mad about Martin or Jackman as a stopgap for a year or so. If a young defender isn't on the trade market, this is a better option than a 5 year FA contract.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
of course we are, just as the player is saying their best days

I was thinking the same thing. Let's try to win a play-off series first.

are in front of them.. I like being in a position where we are finally looking for a couple missing pieces/" bricks" vs looking for an entire top line/ top defensive pair and a seasoned goalie. We have come a long way & I thank both Howson & Jarmo for that.

Get Martin for us Jarmo and we will be very tough team to play against - a team with an excellent foundation from the goalie out.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just thought this: Maybe the hold up with Letestu is Paul Martin. If we can sign Martin, then we're going to let Letestu go and hold competition for the 4C. If Martin walks, we sign Letestu. Saves cap space

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
If it was me Letestu would be the fall back to the fall back

Just thought this: Maybe the hold up with Letestu is Paul Martin. If we can sign Martin, then we're going to let Letestu go and hold competition for the 4C. If Martin walks, we sign Letestu. Saves cap space

Get the Dman.. sign Saad, call it a day. Fill the other spots from within

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 2m2 minutes ago
hearing LA is closets to getting Paul Martin...San Jose involoved too...and one other team

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 44s44 seconds ago

Believe the San Jose Sharks are very much the front-runners to land Paul Martin, getting close I think. He was their No. 1 UFA target

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3s3 seconds ago

Done deal. Paul Martin has agreed to a four-year deal with the San Jose Sharks.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Very happy. I wouldn't have signed him for more than a year. Not sure how much he would have helped us anyway.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jarmo seems to care a lot less about handedness than most.

That may be but HCTR's history suggests the coach does care.

That said, if a guy can play either side... and as I said Richards would know Martin from international play.

I much prefer Martin to Jackman, FWIW.

EDIT: Well crap. Nevermind.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
On the one hand I agree on the other hand 4years for a 34 yr old?
No way (San) Jose

I agree and I don't blame either Jarmo or Martin. Four years(most likely big money) for a 34 year would have been bad. Also, this could be Martin's last chance to cash in so good for him to get 4 years.

What would everyone give Jackman? 2 years or is he basically almost done that it would HAVE to be 1 year only? How much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad