GDT: #cbj @ #hcanes: the random armenian editon to keep my point streak alive edition

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Այն ժամանակ ողջ երկիրը մէկ լեզուով, մէկ բարբառով էր խօսում։
Արեւելքից տեղաշարժուելու ժամանակ նրանք Սենաար երկրում մի դաշտ գտան եւ բնակուեցին այնտեղ։
Նրանք միմեանց դիմելով՝ ասացին. «Եկէք աղիւս շինենք ու այն թրծենք կրակով»։ Աղիւսը նրանց համար ծառայեց իբրեւ քար, իսկ կուպրը՝ իբրեւ շաղախ։
Նրանք ասացին. «Եկէք մեզ համար քաղաք կառուցենք եւ աշտարակ, որի գագաթը հասնի մինչեւ երկինք։ Համբաւ ձեռք բերենք ողջ աշխարհով մէկ սփռուելուց առաջ»։
Տէրն իջաւ, որպէսզի տեսնի այն քաղաքն ու աշտարակը, որ կառուցում էին մարդկանց որդիները։
Տէրն ասաց. «Սրանք մէկ ժողովուրդ են, ունեն մէկ լեզու եւ սկսել են այդ գործն անել։ Արդ, ոչինչ չի խանգարում նրանց, որ կառուցեն այն, ինչ կամենում են։
Արի իջնենք եւ խառնենք նրանց լեզուն այնպէս, որ ոչ մէկը չհասկանայ իր ընկերոջ ասածը»։
Տէր Աստուած այնտեղից նրանց սփռեց աշխարհով մէկ, եւ նրանք դադարեցին քաղաքն ու աշտարակը կառուցելուց։
Դրա համար այն կոչուեց Խառնակութիւն (Բաբելոն), որովհետեւ Տէր Աստուած այնտեղ խառնեց ամբողջ երկրի բնակիչների լեզուները եւ այնտեղից նրանց սփռեց ողջ աշխարհով մէկ։

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Top 5 (ok 6) of my list:

Prague
Amsterdam
Barcelona
Vienna
Tuscany
St. Petersburg

I've been to London, Paris, Dublin, Rome, and Munich. Dublin is on a "really want to go again" list.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Just FYI, we're not officially eliminated yet, per sportsclub. We just have a 0.0% chance of making the playoffs! So tonight, we fight to stay alive!

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I have been to Munich, Paris, Helsinki, Warsaw, and Kraków.

Don't really have a list of where I'd like to go though tbh. I'd love to be able to visit any of Munich, Helsinki, or Kraków again. Not quite as thrilled with Paris or Warsaw.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

Don't really have a list of where I'd like to go though tbh. I'd love to be able to visit any of Munich, Helsinki, or Kraków again. Not quite as thrilled with Paris or Warsaw.

If you were in Helsinki and didn't make the hop, skip & a jump to Tallinn, you owe it to yourself to go back at least once.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Yeah, Krakow was much more interesting than Warsaw to me. Warsaw had some nice stuff, but it seemed a little buttoned up. Krakow seemed to be more full of life.

Done London, Birmingham, Warsaw, Krakow, Zakopane, Vienna, Valencia, Dublin, Galway, and some places in between. Lots more places I need to see.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Prague is really high on my list. In fact, told my wife we should live there for a few months at some point in the future. A good friend of mine is an ex D1 NCAA hockey player and he and his old buddies from Canada get together and go to 1 tournament pretty much every year and he raved about Prague so I did a bit of research on it. My son's girlfriend is there right now studying abroad so will be interesting to here her view when she gets back.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
If you were in Helsinki and didn't make the hop, skip & a jump to Tallinn, you owe it to yourself to go back at least once.

I was only in Helsinki for those games against Minnesota for the NHL premiere that one year. Didn't have a whole lot of time to spend there. That trip was a couple days tacked on to the end of Munich and Paris.

Yeah, Krakow was much more interesting than Warsaw to me. Warsaw had some nice stuff, but it seemed a little buttoned up. Krakow seemed to be more full of life.

My brother and his wife currently (although they're about to be moving back to Texas despite their wishes) live in Warsaw. So I went to go visit them for Christmas 2014 with my parents. We also went over to Kraków for a few days in the middle because it's such a different environment than Warsaw is. I loved it.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Pregame music insides "Life in the Fast Lane," "Bad Moon Rising," and "Leave the Night On." Clearly DJ Mista Illz is in on it. #itsasign

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Kind of weird entrance tonight - through the Zamboni entrance through a cordon of fans with Johnny Cash's "God Will Chit You Down" immediately preceding "Rock You Like a Hurricane."

Starting line of Sutter, Woods, and Brown.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I really need to get my damn passport.

Just make sure you do it well in advance of when you want to travel, unless you want to pay expedite fees. My son got his recently, and it was 1 month until he could get an appointment at the post office and 6 weeks after that until he received it, so 10 weeks total.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Just make sure you do it well in advance of when you want to travel, unless you want to pay expedite fees. My son got his recently, and it was 1 month until he could get an appointment at the post office and 6 weeks after that until he received it, so 10 weeks total.

Yeah, my father had to get his renewed last minute for a work trip to Manchester, and almost didn't get it in time. Luckily they paid the fee for him, too.

I don't have any plans currrntly, but my sister went to Germany over New Years, and is planning a trip to Greece in May, and I think her travel bug is rubbing off on me.

No idea how Gerbe getting decked behind the play didn't earn a call. This should be a fun one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad