Waived: [CBJ] G Spencer Martin waived by the Blue Jackets (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Teams with no goaltending right now heading back to the office to make the claim...

Z-PKPMd34B3Mr4dNlE821o0KQOs=.gif

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yeah, I could see Edmonton, NJ, or TML making claims.

The New Jersey goaltending "issues" may be the most overstated in the league. Certain elements of the fan base are killing a guy with 14 wins on a team that is remarkably careless in its own end; frequently yielding high danger scoring chances.

It has become sport by both home crowds and what passes for the Devils "media" (mostly twenty-somethings fresh out of college with little background in the sport) to scapegoat goalies when the team doesn't win.

Hard to see Spencer Martin making much of an impact one way or the other.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
People are seriously thinking this guy is claimed? because of his one good season in Canucks organization? Spencer Martin at eliteprospects.com

or is it just everyone making the same joke?
He's played ok with Columbus this year. I'd wager a guess most CBJ fans would put him at #2 right now in the order of "goalies who can win us games" (Elvis #1, Martin #2, Tarasov #3, and leave Greaves in Cleveland where he should be). Not much of anything in terms of gaps between them (maybe Elvis a bit ahead of the pack, or at least perceived to be).

We (fans) have been sort of asking for this but there is a slight fear that he's claimed, my 2 cents. But either way at least something is finally being done about the goaltenders.

Reactions: banks and Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
He's played ok with Columbus this year. I'd wager a guess most CBJ fans would put him at #2 right now in the order of "goalies who can win us games" (Elvis #1, Martin #2, Tarasov #3, and leave Greaves in Cleveland where he should be). Not much of anything in terms of gaps between them (maybe Elvis a bit ahead of the pack, or at least perceived to be).

We (fans) have been sort of asking for this but there is a slight fear that he's claimed, my 2 cents. But either way at least something is finally being done about the goaltenders.

Thanks, I'm just stat watching and really can't see anything there, not this season or seasons before.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If Martin gets claimed it will be the first miracle of 2024. When you're waived by a bottom of the barrel club like CBJ you are officially useless.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
The New Jersey goaltending "issues" may be the most overstated in the league. Certain elements of the fan base are killing a guy with 14 wins on a team that is remarkably careless in its own end; frequently yielding high danger scoring chances.

A semi colon on HF boards?

Stephen King over here trying to disguise himself as "Jersey Fan 12"... I see you Stephen, I see you.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's really just a good "3rd Goalie", nothing more. If he can't clear waivers, that kind of detracts from his potential utility in that role. But i think he'll clear. Only caveat is, certain teams that have injured goalies might take a flyer on him as a cheap warm body that can send other guys back to where they belong. But he's not going to be upgrading anyone's goaltending situation unless they are well down their own depth chart due to injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad