Line Combos: CBJ forum poster-voted lineup

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know this was just a time-filler while we waited to see if/when there was going to be a season. With camp open and the PLD mess, there are other things to hold our attention, but I thought I ought to wrap this up.

Here's the roster we voted for:

Forward lines
Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Max Domi - Cam Atkinson
Boone Jenner - Mikko Koivu - Emil Bemstrom
Liam Foudy - Riley Nash - Mikhail Grigorenko

"leftover" forwards
Nathan Gerbe
Stefan Matteau
Ryan MacInnis
Eric Robinson
Kevin Stenlund

D pairs
Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Dean Kukan - Andrew Peeke

"leftover" defensemen
Gavin Bayreuther
Gabriel Carlsson
Adam Clendening
Scott Harrington
Michael Del Zotto

G
Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

"leftover" goalies
Matiss Kivlenieks

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This discussion is probably apt for the Training Camp thread, but I wonder about our healthy scratches and taxi squad. Rosters are 23, right? Plus the 4-6-man taxi? So it will be interesting to see about who travels with the team. And for a while, we weren't sure if the AHL would even play.

D
Anyway, I think it's obvious that Harrington is a healthy scratch, unless MDZ really shines in camp. Harry isn't a forum favorite, but I think Torts trusts him and he can sub up and down the pairs as needed. CBJW I think posted at one point that Carlsson ought to make the taxi squad, that the time was now for him to show something. I tend to agree, but I wonder if MDZ doesn't allow them to keep Carlsson in Cleveland. Bayreuther is an interesting candidate for this as well. Clendening seems like the odd man out.

F
Based on our lineup, I think Robinson is a scratch and probably Stenlund, but Stenlund is with the team in any case, whether rostered or taxi. I like both Matteau and MacInnis, but I figure them both for Cleveland. Gerbe is the interesting case. He's not in the AHL for development, so it doesn't hurt to have him on the taxi.

G
Does the team carry a G on the taxi squad? Isn't the org a little shallow at the position? What happens with the Monsters is Kiv is traveling on the taxi?

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Damn, I thought we were putting a lineup of HF Board Posters.... Now that would be fun!

"poster-voted" is the adjective

I attempted a partial one of what you're talking about before, many years ago, and on my own, with no polling. My guess is people aren't clamoring for a new one, but I'll accede if there's a great hue and cry.

Reactions: Xoggz22

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This discussion is probably apt for the Training Camp thread, but I wonder about our healthy scratches and taxi squad. Rosters are 23, right? Plus the 4-6-man taxi? So it will be interesting to see about who travels with the team. And for a while, we weren't sure if the AHL would even play.

D
Anyway, I think it's obvious that Harrington is a healthy scratch, unless MDZ really shines in camp. Harry isn't a forum favorite, but I think Torts trusts him and he can sub up and down the pairs as needed. CBJW I think posted at one point that Carlsson ought to make the taxi squad, that the time was now for him to show something. I tend to agree, but I wonder if MDZ doesn't allow them to keep Carlsson in Cleveland. Bayreuther is an interesting candidate for this as well. Clendening seems like the odd man out.

F
Based on our lineup, I think Robinson is a scratch and probably Stenlund, but Stenlund is with the team in any case, whether rostered or taxi. I like both Matteau and MacInnis, but I figure them both for Cleveland. Gerbe is the interesting case. He's not in the AHL for development, so it doesn't hurt to have him on the taxi.

G
Does the team carry a G on the taxi squad? Isn't the org a little shallow at the position? What happens with the Monsters is Kiv is traveling on the taxi?

Somewhere I read that all teams need to carry 3 goalies with one of the three being on the taxi squad. Also I think the taxi squad guys are subject to waivers. I'm sure there will be more written on these topics but I don't think you can just flop guys back and forth. Anyone know more?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Somewhere I read that all teams need to carry 3 goalies with one of the three being on the taxi squad. Also I think the taxi squad guys are subject to waivers. I'm sure there will be more written on these topics but I don't think you can just flop guys back and forth. Anyone know more?

So yeah, what you said. And it makes sense within the confines of the CBA.

I wondered at it myself but decided that defeats the purpose of the taxi squad. Apparently I do not know the purpose of the taxi squad.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wondered at it myself but decided that defeats the purpose of the taxi squad. Apparently I do not know the purpose of the taxi squad.

You can't have call-ups come from the AHL because of quarantine rules, so the taxi squad is basically taking the place of the AHL for call-up purposes. That's the porpoise.

MacInnis needs waivers, and I think Stenlund would too if he is put on the taxi squad? I have heard conflicting things there, capfriendly now says he needs waivers.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You can't have call-ups come from the AHL because of quarantine rules, so the taxi squad is basically taking the place of the AHL for call-up purposes. That's the porpoise.

MacInnis needs waivers, and I think Stenlund would too if he is put on the taxi squad? I have heard conflicting things there, capfriendly now says he needs waivers.

I figured on the quarantine stuff, but if a player gets claimed and ends up in a different state they'll likely have to quarantine anyway. I guess I saw it more a totally dedicated (because it's as safe as possible) way to have payers available to a team.

Again, I understand the C BA ramifications of the waiver system, and I see why they'd have to be in effect, but it seems to hamper the efficacy of the taxi squad - potentially.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I figured on the quarantine stuff, but if a player gets claimed and ends up in a different state they'll likely have to quarantine anyway. I guess I saw it more a totally dedicated (because it's as safe as possible) way to have payers available to a team.

Again, I understand the C BA ramifications of the waiver system, and I see why they'd have to be in effect, but it seems to hamper the efficacy of the taxi squad - potentially.
I think it's more for the benefit of folks whose AHL teams are in completely different jurisdictions and thus have more hoops to jump through for callups.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Be our goalie.
Hmm. I do get pretty nasty towards people who take shots at the team and fanbase, and if I put my mind to it I could probably be crazy enough. I'd have to be the Elvis equivalent, tho, given how thebus probably thinks someone else should be doing my job. ;)

* * *​
A varied toolkit - I was thinking 2C.
Only if I can claim to be of the "would be a #1C on another team" variety.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad