Waived: [CBJ] F Liam Foudy waived by the Blue Jackets (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I remember a time when some CBJ fans talked about how he was going to be a major top 6 player and was untouchable.
Were they CBJ fans or guys like George talking up Dumais and then people pretending CBJ fans have unrealistic expectations? I had high hopes for Foudy as a high energy 3rd liner that could provide some offense and PK ability. His development stalled during covid and he never really seemed to get back on track.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I remember a time when some CBJ fans talked about how he was going to be a major top 6 player and was untouchable.
There probably were SOME CBJ fans with that opinion. MOST of us were more realistic with a back half 1st round pick that he had a chance to be an impact 3rd liner given his skating but his hands were ALWAYS the question. I prefer him to Robinson (waived also) but he is not an irreplaceable player.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
There probably were SOME CBJ fans with that opinion. MOST of us were more realistic with a back half 1st round pick that he had a chance to be an impact 3rd liner given his skating but his hands were ALWAYS the question. I prefer him to Robinson (waived also) but he is not an irreplaceable player.
That’s how I remember it. There were hopes that he would develop into a complementary top 9 player due to his speed, but offensive upside was always limited and top 6 was never the expectation.
Only remember him for that one goal he scored against us on the bubble
This has been the major accomplishment of his career to date. I don’t feel like he has looked as good as he did in the bubble ever since.

Big issue is that he is extremely replaceable in the CBJ depth chart. Columbus currently has Chinakhov, Robinson, Olivier, Voronkov, Fix-Wolansky, Meyer as wingers in the system not currently in the lineup that Foudy has not outplayed, with a handful of other guys coming in the near future like Dumais, Brindley, and Malatesta.

I think Robinson clearing waivers and fighting for the exact same role as Foudy made the team more willing to risk exposing him.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Why did this guy even to first round? His OHL numbers are under whelping

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
There was a large portion of our board who were never high on him. He was not ever one of the top 3 players on his London teams IMO.

Also I don’t think he’s bad, he’s just a bottom 6 player and if you look at our roster we have about 10 of those guys.

I think at most he’s a Logan O’Connor type, but he still has a ways to go (only 23).

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
the book on him from the second he was drafted was that he was going to be a fast middle six guy.

he's 23 and had two major developmental seasons wiped out by covid + injuries. he showed some improvement last season. just not room for him here.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Drafted too high, maybe late 2nd or 3rd (high) is more realistic. He does have exceptional speed, he'll likely clear and likely added into a larger trade.

AVs should consider uniting with his brother JF in the AHL. Could help each other improve to reach the NHL.

Reactions: BKarchitect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad