Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/ARI] John Ramage for future considerations

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Poor guy, to go from a solid team like Columbus to Arizona half way through the season must be frustrating.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Son of Rob, a guy who played 1000 games, a couple cups and a bunch of all-star appearances.

I thought John was going to be a solid bottom pair guy in the league for a long time... I was wrong.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Chayka added a d-man for the Tucson Roadrunners.
Wow, I looked this up because I thought it was a joke... Not sure how I never saw this. It's an obvious nod to the cartoon, but doesn't the Coyote always get destroyed somehow??

As far as the trade goes, cool.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Precursor trade.

I can't see this being anything on CBJs end of things since they weren't all that close to 50 contracts. Maybe ARZ was looking to add a veteran pro body for when they move out OEL+Hjalmarsson.

What's notable about this transaction, is that CBJ management is clearly doing someone a favour, whether that's ARZ or Ramage. Unless I am mistaken, waiver priority is determined by point percentage, not total points. So Buffalo would have had a chance to scoop up Ramage. I guess it's possible that ARZ showed a willingness to give Ramage NHL time so CBJ did him a solid by trading him rather than waiving him.

Reactions: Ignatius

Stlblues98

Aug 14, 2015
I can't see this being anything on CBJs end of things since they weren't all that close to 50 contracts. Maybe ARZ was looking to add a veteran pro body for when they move out OEL+Hjalmarsson.

What's notable about this transaction, is that CBJ management is clearly doing someone a favour, whether that's ARZ or Ramage. Unless I am mistaken, waiver priority is determined by point percentage, not total points. So Buffalo would have had a chance to scoop up Ramage. I guess it's possible that ARZ showed a willingness to give Ramage NHL time so CBJ did him a solid by trading him rather than waiving him.
I don’t think it had to do anything with waivers as he was already waived at the beginning of the year. It’s more for Tuscan gearing up for the playoffs.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
This is 100% a trade for Tucson, however...

After spending contract slots in transactions for depth guys like Tye McGinn, Josh Archibald, Freddie Hamilton, and now John Ramage, the Coyotes are at 50 contracts...
I can only see this as part of a ramp up for dumping a lot of contracts come TDL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad