CBJ and Islander fans. Who would you rather face in the 2nd round?

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
At least he could continue to sleep snugly in bed in his Leafs pyjamas.

DhCQhu-UcAEBCZI.jpg

*Leafs blanket/ pillow

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Caps because Trotz and Korn know them inside and out and we always play them well. Holty is also bi-polar when it comes to the playoffs so you never know which version you will face.

Canes always play the Isles well and up until this season always owned us. Canes would be nice for home ice though.

The only team that scares me as an Isles fan is Boston. They destroy us every time.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
News flash: This is yr ONE in the Lou/Trotz retool. Both have spoken about building a team that can have a SC window of several yrs.

At this yr's TDL,press says Lou rejected a Sorokin +1st for Hoffman trade and Lou refused to up his Stone offer when Vegas put Brannstrom on the trade table. Based on the press tweets, it sounds like an extended Stone would have cost Dobson +.

Lou said post TDL that he has a plan in place and this season's unexpected success will not change that plan.

Isles have a solid, young core+ strong prospect pool + lot of cap space. Funny how Leaf fans keep comforting themselves with the idea that this isles team is a finished product

Where did I say you were a finished product? If anything I said we are closer to finished than you guys are, simply suggested I am not entirely sold.

Think you misunderstood my interpretation, or perhaps mine was unclear. For that I apologize, but come on, really?

Don't throw me in the lot of casual "Leafs fans". No need for that whatsoever.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I'm more sold on the Isles future than the Leafs. Our blueline is just hitting it's stride and we have Dobson and Wilde still to come. Our offense can only improve. We got this far with one of the worst PP's in the league. If Trotz can even get us to middle of the pack in that dept the Isles win 4-6 more games.

I can agree with you to some extent. Your blueline is stellar. Imagine a powerplay on your team? I'll say it. You'd be strikingly similar to the Islanders of old. You know exactly what I am talking about.

Just need Barzal to mature as a player and for some depth at wing and a proper special teams unit and you'll be my worst nightmare.

Congrats on a successful playoff run, by the way.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
I can agree with you to some extent. Your blueline is stellar. Imagine a powerplay on your team? I'll say it. You'd be strikingly similar to the Islanders of old. You know exactly what I am talking about.

Just need Barzal to mature as a player and for some depth at wing and a proper special teams unit and you'll be my worst nightmare.

Congrats on a successful playoff run, by the way.

We need a pure scorer and a new powerplay coach.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Where did I say you were a finished product? If anything I said we are closer to finished than you guys are, simply suggested I am not entirely sold.

Think you misunderstood my interpretation, or perhaps mine was unclear. For that I apologize, but come on, really?

Don't throw me in the lot of casual "Leafs fans". No need for that whatsoever.

You post that while the isles are having a great season, Toronto will have 6+ seasons ( to win the SC) and Toronto is geared towards continuous playoff runs.

You ignore that
1. This is yr ONE under Lou and Trotz .
Both have called it a season to evaluate their players.
2. Isles have a deep prospect pool.Lou refused to move bluechippers Sorokin or Dobson because he wants a SC window of several yrs not one.

This is early in the isles retool. Wishful thinking on the part of many Leaf fans that kids like Dobson/Wilde/Walhstrom/Bellows cannot and will not help improve the roster

Reactions: Quicklime

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
As an isles fan i guess Carolina. Home ice advantage. I want the leafs to beat the Bruins. We dont match up well with them so in the conference finals we can plan two scrubby teams

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an isles fan i guess Carolina. Home ice advantage. I want the leafs to beat the Bruins. We dont match up well with them so in the conference finals we can plan two scrubby teams

As an Islanders fan while I agree Boston would be a tough match up I rather the Bruins beat the Leafs. F Tavares.

Mar 26, 2010
Holy **** I never imagined this but what if Toronto loses in the first round. Then Tavares left the Island for less playoff success,
That just happened. Tough pill to swallow.

Columbus is going to sweep Boston in round 2.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Carolina gives the Islanders home ice advantage. Whatever opponent wins that series is going to be a tough matchup for the Islanders, I don’t prefer to play any team able to win a playoff round, but I hope the series goes to 7 games.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Islanders are having a great season but, Tavares and the leafs have 6+ seasons to prove otherwise.

Leafs are geared for continuous playoff runs

Islanders, not entirely sold on them just yet.

But the Islanders don't have 6+ seasons to prove otherwise? You're not sold on the Islanders but you're sold on the Leafs?

I don't necessarily agree or disagree, but it seems like an odd thing to say.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Doesn’t matter. Anything can happen. I’m just happy to be at the dance. Let’s keep this party going!!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
As Lamoriello noted, it's too early to think that far ahead. At the same time though, it sounds like Tampa Bay isn't the team he was most concerned with. "Washington is still the team to beat, in my opinion, and has been the whole year," Lamoriello said. "They’re the defending champions, with the same team." Washington is up 2-1 in its series against Carolina. The winner of that battle will go on to play the Islanders, which have already advanced thanks to their sweep of Pittsburgh.

SOURCE: New York Newsday
Apr 18, 2019, 5:06 AM

Sounds like Lou would prefer Carolina.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'd rather see TOR.

I think we match up better against them, and I know how they travel which would create some incredible atmosphere at Nationwide Arena.

But first and foremost I am rooting for a 7 game series.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad