CBJ and Islander fans. Who would you rather face in the 2nd round?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
CBJ - Leafs or Bruins?
Islanders - Capitals or Hurricanes?

provide your reason(s)

No knock on the Hurricanes because a potential Islanders vs Hurricanes matchup could be a good one

but Islanders vs Capitals would be a dramatic series - with Trotz at the center of it

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Rather face Leafs. Bruins are more proven in playoffs, CBJ already beat a team with a weakened defense. Bruins are a more balanced team good on all fronts. Leafs can score, but Jackets can defend and score.

Reactions: Riseonfire

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Rather face Leafs. Bruins are more proven in playoffs, CBJ already beat a team with a weakened defense. Bruins are a more balanced team good on all fronts. Leafs can score, but Jackets can defend and score.

Hmm interesting. Didnt see it this way

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
As a CBJ fan, probably the Leafs. They’re built similarly to Tampa where I think if we approach with a similar game plan we can have success. Neither the Leafs nor Bruins would be easy tasks, though.

Reactions: Madifer

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Holy **** I never imagined this but what if Toronto loses in the first round. Then Tavares left the Island for less playoff success,

Islanders are having a great season but, Tavares and the leafs have 6+ seasons to prove otherwise.

Leafs are geared for continuous playoff runs

Islanders, not entirely sold on them just yet.

Reactions: phillipmatchett

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Holy **** I never imagined this but what if Toronto loses in the first round. Then Tavares left the Island for less playoff success,
At least he could continue to sleep snugly in bed in his Leafs pyjamas.

DhCQhu-UcAEBCZI.jpg

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The only matchup I want to see is Isles - Leafs. Isles fans losing their **** every time Tavares touches the puck... Tavares having to do the handshake line if the Leafs lose... Man, that'd be fun

It would be hilarious if Tavares scored the OT series clincher in NY too.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Honestly, either team is a 50/50 with the Isles. Carolina has always matched up well and Washington had Trotz as a coach so the players are familiar with him. It's a coin toss at this point. Personally i'd rather play the Leafs, beat them in 4 and watch the Toronto Sports Network get turned upside down.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If we manage to win. I'll love playing NYI and our coaching staff from last year. Would be a fun chess match between coaches

aisle18

Jul 5, 2009
Islanders are having a great season but, Tavares and the leafs have 6+ seasons to prove otherwise.

I'm more sold on the Isles future than the Leafs. Our blueline is just hitting it's stride and we have Dobson and Wilde still to come. Our offense can only improve. We got this far with one of the worst PP's in the league. If Trotz can even get us to middle of the pack in that dept the Isles win 4-6 more games.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
For pure hockey purposes I'd like it to be Washington. For ease, I'd like it to be Carolina. For drama I'd like it to be Washington. For the Carolina fanbase and the underdog factor I'd like it to be the Hurricanes. Does that make any sense. Oh, and for @beach an Isles fan in Carolina I'd like it to be Carolina.

Reactions: beach

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

News flash: This is yr ONE in the Lou/Trotz retool. Both have spoken about building a team that can have a SC window of several yrs.

At this yr's TDL,press says Lou rejected a Sorokin +1st for Hoffman trade and Lou refused to up his Stone offer when Vegas put Brannstrom on the trade table. Based on the press tweets, it sounds like an extended Stone would have cost Dobson +.

Lou said post TDL that he has a plan in place and this season's unexpected success will not change that plan.

Isles have a solid, young core+ strong prospect pool + lot of cap space. Funny how Leaf fans keep comforting themselves with the idea that this isles team is a finished product

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
CBJ - Leafs or Bruins?
Islanders - Capitals or Hurricanes

Caps have more skill and playoff experience then the isles. Canes are playing so well,playing to earn respect ( much like the isles). I am not worried about facing either . Isles can beat either team imo,although the Caps pp worries me.

I am just hoping Caps/Canes is a bruising, 7 game series :laugh:

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad