CBA Complexity

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
It is said that the NHL CBA is going to be the most complex in all of sports, with the NFL and NBA already have very complex CBAs could this be kind of a draw back for the average fan. I know lots of the posters here it should not be a problem for because we have followed it thoroughly and read things through. But as a casual fan in the NBA and NFL side of things, I seem to understand most of the CBA issues but at times it can get quiet complex with such things as sign and trade, vetern exceptions, franchise tags, RFAs and UFAs. My point being with such a complex could it turn off casual fans because they would not understand trades, free agency and so forth?
and another issue will we see the end of trades?
its very rare u see trades in the NFL or NBA, will the NHL follow suit?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Average fan doesn't care about the rules regarding age for waiver draft eligibility if the player got his first NHL level contract at age 19.

Average fan likes it when Todd Bertuzzi hits people.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Yeah, lots of that stuff is important to know for players and owners, not us.

I think one of the things that might be in the CBA is a listing of each team's hockey related revenues, with details. And that may take lots of room in the document, with 30 teams and all the things that constitute revenues and such.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
I really doubt the new CBA will detract from fans interest in the game.. I think the only complex things will be the "anti-cheating" rules, which for the most part, fans don't need to worry about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad