Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Bouchard-ConferencedePresse(24/01/2021)/Primeau
«Une chose est sûre: Cayden Primeau a fait de gros progrès l’année passée... Il a effectué un travail incroyable. Je me souviens au début de la saison, il jouait un match sur deux... À la fin, je crois qu’il a joué sept matchs sur 10 et il a connu beaucoup de succès.»
«Le plan est de continuer à travailler avec Cayden et d’être sûr qu’il obtiendra la charge de travail et l’expérience...»

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Primeau's given up 6 goals in the last 5 games. He's now on a 7 game win streak,

7-0, 11 goals against on 161 shots if my math is correct.

Good streak for Primeau....

also Michael McNiven is 7-0-1 in his last 8 games with Laval..913 save %..2.32 gaa..faced 200 shots

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
It's great that the team is doing so well, but I've been preaching caution since the start. It's a very weak division. They haven't gone up against stronger teams. They can work on their skills and be in a winning environment, but this season is not a good indicator of how good or bad this team is. Same with the Habs (although their division has some strong teams). Primeau and Mcniven can work on their games, but the records aren't really that impressive when you put it into context.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Give him the starters load and his numbers respond.. a lot like Price that way.

In his 14 games this year only 2 of them did he give up more then 3 goals. Add in that they have been without their vets on the blueline as Olofsson has been out over a month and Ouellet has played 4 games since Feb. That's a very inexperienced blueline until they got Ouellet back last night.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-4-25_13-35-35.png

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The kid did not look like a confident NHL goalie last night.
Honestly, I don’t get the hype, he may end up a good goalie but he doesn’t have an elite component (positioning or athleticism) that stands out except being big

Reactions: azcanuck

Jul 6, 2016
Honestly, I don’t get the hype, he may end up a good goalie but he doesn’t have an elite component (positioning or athleticism) that stands out except being big

He was doing very very well in Laval. All his coaches love his skill set and attitude. One f***ing bad game at NHL level doesn't ruin a career.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
One of the best age 18 and 19 seasons in the NCAA, AHL All Rookie team last year, one of the top goalies this year. There's a good reason for the hype, in fact if he didn't play in the NCAA I bet the hype on this board would be much higher. That said goalies are tough to gauge. In his last 7 games in the AHL, 7-0 with 11 goals given up. At least this time around they called him up when he was red hot vs when he was struggling right before last years call up.

He can get another year in Laval next season to see how it goes and go from there, there's no rush although I assume we lose Allen to the expansion draft but they could look at Demchenko perhaps to carry them over for a year. But with Price having injury woes again and not getting any younger, I wonder what the plan will be. I do think Primeau could be in the NHL next year and do well but I would assume the plan is for him to get another year in Laval

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Thought the kid did alright. He'll play in Laval again next year, but, hopefully, he's in the NHL full-time for 2022-2023 season.

Reactions: Gravity

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The only really bad goal was the Lucic goal.. the other goals weren't his fault and as the team defense crumbled, the more he tried to do too much in the crease which is normal for a young goalie.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The only really bad goal was the Lucic goal.. the other goals weren't his fault and as the team defense crumbled, the more he tried to do too much in the crease which is normal for a young goalie.
Even the Lucic goal was a seeing eye puck through a heavy screen where there was a weird bounce on the draw.

I do agree he started to get a bit uncomfortable, there were a couple of lunges that weren’t necessary. But overall, once he gets comfortable in the NHL, I think he’ll be a good starter in the league.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I think they waited too long to put him in a game. He was with the team for a couple weeks before he got a start, and it has been 3 weeks since he had a start in the AHL. Too much time to think.

Reactions: JAVO16 and bopeep

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
I CANNOT believe I had to go to page 3 to find this thread!

I just wanted to say that despite the fact that all eyes are on Caufield tonight after that great 1st goal in OT, I want to acknowledge how great of a game CP30 had tonight. He absolutely saved our ass, especially in the 1st, and he kept us in the game BIG TIME!

Congrats on that great team win!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not impressed at all w the small sample set, horrendous rebound control...he’s got a longways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad