Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau Called Up (will join team in Philly)

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Poulin and Desrosiers (recalled from the Lions) since Vrbetic is away for familial reasons.
To bad for Vrbetic, he is doing great right now in TR and could have caused some surprise in Laval if available to play.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
To bad for Vrbetic, he is doing great right now in TR and could have caused some surprise in Laval if available to play.
Primeau is likely playing very few NHL games, maybe only the one, unless he pulls a 1971 late season Dryden stint. I don't think Joe would have had much if any time in nets in Laval.

Reactions: GrandBison

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Any pressure he might feels right now is self-inflicted. Habs aren't under pressure to win at all.
He needs to prove he can play at this level. I have watched him play 90% of his games in the AHL. With the exception of last season's playoffs he has barely been a #1 in the AHL. He may be the worst puck handling goalie I have ever seen.
When Laval needs a crucial save he rarely delivers.
I have seen him play enough. He ain't it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
He needs to prove he can play at this level. I have watched him play 90% of his games in the AHL. With the exception of last season's playoffs he has barely been a #1 in the AHL. He may be the worst puck handling goalie I have ever seen.
When Laval needs a crucial save he rarely delivers.
I have seen him play enough. He ain't it.
I really hoped his playoffs run last season was going to bring back his confidence long term. Looks like it didn't, so yeah, he ain't it. Well not with the Habs at least.

Reactions: Tyson

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I have attended several Rocket vs. Senators games, during one of the pregame shows, the Belleville coach called Primeau a very good goalie or something to that effect. Could have just been hype.

Just because a goalie looks bad, because they have a poor team in front of them, doesn't mean they are bad. Remember Roy? He had terrible stats, looked bad, behind a bad team.

I know Primeau is no Roy. But he may yet turn into something.

Last edited:

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Where did you see Allen is injured? Allen is playing right now.

Primeau is called up so the Habs can evaluate what they have with him in the final games of the season. Primeau needs to go through waivers next year.
Meant Montambeault of course.

Whats the spin now that he has been sent down right after that specific game?
Family in attendance is pretty popular lately with shootout attempts and lineup decisions. Sounds like everyone getting a medal to me and not pro sport.

No more needing to be tested stuff?

Playing to lose is toxic and beware of ping pong balls karma.

Nothing is different for Primeau after this game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Meant Montambeault of course.

Whats the spin now that he has been sent down right after that specific game?
Family in attendance is pretty popular lately with shootout attempts and lineup decisions. Sounds like everyone getting a medal to me and not pro sport.

No more needing to be tested stuff?

Playing to lose is toxic and beware of ping pong balls karma.

Nothing is different for Primeau after this game.

They have to give Primeau some NHL games, he's waiver eligible next year.. so playing in Philly made sense as one of those games.. not to mention there's ping pong balls karma when the Flyers pulled Hart from the start, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad