GDT: #CauseWinning: Canes @ Rongos Game 2 ("7pm" on ESPN)

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
f*** off

VGK took the first 2 in DAL, and DAL came back to win in 7. Nothing's over.
1715142333165.png

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Somehow I knew that Rods answer to special teams would be some form of “we need to execute better”.

I honestly have no idea what adjustments need to be made on the PP, but the players certainly have a lot of the blame here, he is not coaching them to hold the puck and pass it around the perimeter.

I think missing fast and pecse is definitely hurting the PK. It seems like they were collapsing a bit more tonight, but the results weren’t much better… credit to the rags, they are really making it look easy right now.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
You know what. I’m done. I can’t do it anymore.

Y’all have been awesome. I hope this team finds a way to reach the top of the mountain again, but I can’t do it anymore.

I’m going to sign out of my account, and I don’t even know my password to sign back in.

You guys take care of each other. I know I’ve had my differences with some of you, but I’ve got no hard feelings against anyone. I’m just burned out, you know?

Maybe one day I’ll come back, but for now, I have to check out. I’ll always root for this ridiculous franchise, no matter what happens. Go Canes, and let’s get that Cup!

Anyway, you guys be good. Keep rooting for this team, and keep finding happiness in your own lives.

Until we meet again, stay awesome you crazy people!

Wolfpuck signing out.

For now.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut

Y’all have been awesome. I hope this team finds a way to reach the top of the mountain again, but I can’t do it anymore.

I’m going to sign out of my account, and I don’t even know my password to sign back in.

You guys take care of each other. I know I’ve had my differences with some of you, but I’ve got no hard feelings against anyone. I’m just burned out, you know?

Maybe one day I’ll come back, but for now, I have to check out. I’ll always root for this ridiculous franchise, no matter what happens. Go Canes, and let’s get that Cup!

Anyway, you guys be good. Keep rooting for this team, and keep finding happiness in your own lives.

Wolfpuck signing out.

For now.
That's cool, no one cares.

• Haha
Reactions: Buenos Necas

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC

Wolfpuck signing out.

For now.
:rolleyes:

You’ll be back so soon I won’t have time to miss you. Look after my heart I’ve left it with you.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Wolfpuck signing out.

For now.
Godspeed, Wolfpuck.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
1 PPG in 2 games is all we needed and this series is 1-1. 2 PPG or a PK operating above 60% and the series could be 2-0 Canes. We've gone full pumpkin, no killer instinct. I should have heard Rod all the way from NY yelling at the to move their f***ing asses on the PP... we're so goddamn static cardboard cutouts could defend us. If it's the players not executing then he needs to hold them accountable and bench their asses for a bit....idgaf if it's our best players the effort is embarrassing for the SIXTH f***ING YEAR IN A ROW. How many shots do we have on the PP? I'd be <10

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
PK just doesn't seem to be getting any goalie support this playoffs. Top unit only getting 60-70% SV% when on the ice. Turbo is only getting 57%. You own some of this as a skater, but not all of it. Canes need their goalie to be better.

This is Freddy's 3rd straight game with < .90 SV%.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

No shit. Maybe make some adjustments to change that

It stings even more that this group had a #2 power play in the regular season. That's really not on Rod. The players need to execute. Plain and simple.

Maybe they should focus on fixing one or the other (PP or PK). You're probably not fixing both, and if either were better we probably win last night. Maybe game 1. Missing Fast and Pesce has certainly left a hole on the PK.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Shit is rigged for rangers…

They rigged it by giving us two opportunities in OT to win the game?

Regardless of what’s happening with the officiating, the series has been close. What’s the difference? Well, exactly what we said would be the difference when the series began: Special teams and goaltending. Rangers have them both, we don’t have either.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
PK just doesn't seem to be getting any goalie support this playoffs. Top unit only getting 60-70% SV% when on the ice. Turbo is only getting 57%. You own some of this as a skater, but not all of it. Canes need their goalie to be better.

This is Freddy's 3rd straight game with < .90 SV%.
It really hasn’t been Freddie’s fault. The Rangers are letting us chase, frantically, and they are finding the open guy. A couple of fortunate bounces too. Since we chase so much, there aren’t any bodies to clean up rebounds. So the Rangers take advantage

We are asking Burns to be the top RHD PKer and he isn’t that guy anymore. With pesce out we don’t have other options. So its not really that Burns is a disaster, we are asking him to do more than he should be with pesce out. Thats on the FO.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I hate to say it, but its getting to the point where we need to see some actual playoff results from the likes of Svechnikov, Necas and Teravainen, or they all need to be shipped out. Teravainen, I personally think has already played his way out of town. I can't see us bringing him back, and if we do its a huge mistake. Necas, at best he's streaky during the regular season, and really excels in the open ice in 3v3 OT, but when you get into the playoffs when there just isn't any space to freely skate, he's a complete passenger. He's never adjusted to making his game effective in the playoffs, and I'm beginning to get convinced he never will. And Svechnikov. Dude, you have a body and skill set that should be made for the playoffs. How the hell are you still this ineffective? Yes, you made a great play last night driving the net to set up a goal, but its shocking that we're in Year 5 and we can still count on one hand the amount of big moments you've had in the playoffs. You're supposed to be our superstar, you're supposed to be the one driving our offense, and most nights we forget you're even on the ice. Now, I don't think we're going to be shipping Svech out anytime soon, but its long past time to stop treating him with kid gloves and openly question when this supreme talent we've been sold is going to finally show up.

Aho is finally starting to show that he can be a legitimate playoff performer if you put top line talent alongside him, which he now has in Guentzel. Those two look dangerous every time they're on the ice. Brindy, get your f***ing head out of your ass and put Jarvis back with them. Stop stapeling arguably our 2nd best scorer to Jordan Staal. Its infuriating to see that kid offensively handcuffed to this extent when we are struggling to really do anything on offense outside of letting Aho and Guentzel do their thing.

And lastly, why the hell bench Kuzy for this game if you're going to play his replacement around 10 mins in a 2OT game? We absolutely could have used him on the PP last night, and if you're going to heavily shelter those minutes anyway, why shoot ourselves in the foot like that by benching one of the few raw offensive talents we have?

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They can't score on the PP and they can't win on the road. Just awesome.
I think I read the other day that the Canes are now 9-22 on the road in the playoffs since Brindy became coach? Which, on one hand is awesome that we've played that many road playoff games in that time, but a winning percentage of 29% on the road over your career in the playoffs does make you wonder if there is a fatal flaw somewhere with a coaching style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad