GDT: #CauseWinning: Canes @ Rongos Game 2 ("7pm" on ESPN)

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The PP is just puzzling. I'm gonna give credit to NYs PK since that's the only reason I can come up with that they continue to over maneuver near the blue line. They're also skating themselves into corners and losing pucks over and over.

Reactions: Tryamw and Heyheylj

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The PP is just puzzling. I'm gonna give credit to NYs PK since that's the only reason I can come up with that they keep trying to over maneuver near the blue line. They're skating themselves into corners and losing picks over and over.
All they wanna do is jam it down to the low guy or try a one timer to the bumper guy

Reactions: Stickpucker

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And I will say this, if we don't come back and win this series, I'm not confident this core will ever get over the hump. This year really feels critical for the future of this team, after legitimately going for it with the rental pickup and the overloaded defense and multiple hungry vets. If this doesn't work, a strategy tweak might be needed going forward

could sure use a lot more out of Teravainen
He's at the top of the list of guys I wouldn't mind seeing play hockey elsewhere next year.

He's become a passenger.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
And I will say this, if we don't come back and win this series, I'm not confident this core will ever get over the hump. This year really feels critical for the future of this team, after legitimately going for it with the rental pickup and the overloaded defense and multiple hungry vets. If this doesn't work, a strategy tweak might be needed going forward

He's at the top of the list of guys I wouldn't mind seeing play hockey elsewhere next year.

He's become a passenger.
Hundred percent I’ve wanted him gone since last season. He’s a total passenger and most of the time looks afraid to get hit out there

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
387991.jpg

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I know Noesen isn’t that quickest guy but he does go to the front of the net and score the dirty goals could they not have found a couple spots to get him out in overtime
No idea why he was planted to the bench in OT. Hes the only guy who even tries to get to the front of the net.

Instead we trot out Svech and Necas to watch them just go in circles for a minute.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The difference in talent between the two teams on the PP is undeniable. The core Rangers are top shelf at their respective roles (Fox - PPQB, Zibanejad - one-timer, Panarin - playmaker, Kreider - tipping). I wouldn’t say any Cane is in those conversations.

They will simply have to win in spite of this. They’ll need some luck (friendly matchups, good timing otherwise). The Rangers went 1 for 18 in Games 3-7 against New Jersey last year. They are capable of getting overheated and regressing.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I'm going to tell myself this is our 'tampa losing to columbus' moment, where they were suppose to win it all and fell apart, only to stay true and get over the hump just after.

Or washington 2017 when it was suppose to be their year to take it all.

But i'd prefer we just come back then win the while damn thing this year.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
I know Noesen isn’t that quickest guy but he does go to the front of the net and score the dirty goals could they not have found a couple spots to get him out in overtime
This right here infuriated me. The man does everything you ask him to for 88 games and then you staple him to the bench for the final 3 periods of this shitshow.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
No idea why he was planted to the bench in OT. Hes the only guy who even tries to get to the front of the net.

Instead we trot out Svech and Necas to watch them just go in circles for a minute.
Yup. Necas has his little fancy rushes up the ice but he really never does anything with it. I have a hard time seeing that guy back in a canes uniform next year

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The Rangers play their top 2 lines a lot. Noesen can’t keep up with those line. Its no surprise we weren’t playing him in OT against the rangers

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad