Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Blues 12-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
See if you can make that comment after Bjugstad vs Tarasenko I via 2014, coming right up!

They're both going to be great players. Let's leave it at that. We came out of the draft with a stud and they did as well. We could've easily came out with garbage.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Blues are a powerhouse at home too and they own us. Hoping Montoya starts so Luo stats dont get wrecked

Start Montoya, please.

A good goalie gives you a chance to win. Lu is better than Brodeur. Never know what can happen.

Besides, I'm going to the game Saturday and have waited 8 years to see Luongo start in person again, so you already know Montoya will start then.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
St. Louis completely annihilated us in every aspect of the game hockey last year. Not looking forward to this one. Kuli, keep your head up around Berglund.

Speaking about Kulikov. I remember Goldie saying that Kulikov wasn't on the bench the last few minutes of the Buffalo game. Does anyone know what's up with that?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
From our history vs. the Blues, the odds are definitely against us in this game. All I ask is that the Panthers put in a good overall effort and if they get a point out of it, that's enough for me. If we lose say 3-2 or 4-3 in regulation, sure it might be a heart breaker of a loss, but I can't be mad if they kept it close to one of the better teams in the league. I just hope they wouldn't be up 2-0 or 3-0 and let up two or three straight goals.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
A good goalie gives you a chance to win. Lu is better than Brodeur. Never know what can happen.

Besides, I'm going to the game Saturday and have waited 8 years to see Luongo start in person again, so you already know Montoya will start then.

Montoya started when we won 6-2 against Anaheim so anything can happen

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
Brodeur is terrible. He's letting in a goal a period and it's been 5 years since he managed a save percentage over .908. This game is winnable.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Anyone else get as nervous as I do when you see this line out there in a 5 on 5 situation lately?

Kopecky: 25 - 1 - 3 - 4: -6, 14 PIMS
Mackenzie: 25 - 2 -2 - 4: -7, 15 PIMS
Thornton: 22 - 1 - 1 - 2: -5, 27 PIMS

Combined -18. I don't feel comfortable when I see them out there to be honest.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Anyone else get as nervous as I do when you see this line out there in a 5 on 5 situation lately?

They're not a scoring line so their +/- is irrelevant...they won't be on the ice for many Goals For. Mac and Kopy are our PKers so I have no problem with them playing their role wile 5 on 5.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You never know. We blew out Anaheim. We beat Detroit. We always pull crap like that. Even a point here would be huge and it's doable.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

That line isn't known or expected to score but I can tell you they've been very effective defensively and have actually had some decent offensive zone time. Kopecky and Mackenzie alone are line having a penalty kill out there, but if their +/- is bad, it has more to do with them not scoring than being irresponsible.

Speaking about Kulikov. I remember Goldie saying that Kulikov wasn't on the bench the last few minutes of the Buffalo game. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Kulikov did not have a good game against Buffalo. I was at the game and to me, he was the worst Panther out there that night. It wasn't a terrible night for the Panthers, but he stood out with a number of poor plays so I can see why he would have gotten benched. He's been in the league long enough to not make so many mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad