Post-Game Talk: Cat in the Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Could have been 4 or 5-0 after the 1st. Igor kept the guys in it but wasn't enough. Rangers need to adjust playing against the Devils if they're the 1st round team. They started dumping it in and cycling more in the 2nd and 3rd and they had the better of the play once they adjusted. It wasn't as much as an unmitigated disaster as the 1st would have led me to believe, but lots of the guys can be better.

Win tomorrow and home ice is still within reach.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Bad first, wasn’t bad last 40. We are going to bleed shots vs Carolina and the Devils, have to limit high danger chances.

Not nearly enough chances at five on five. Kid line sucked. Shame Miller took that penalty, he was really good tonight.

Igor was really good as well.

LTIR Lindgren and start getting guys rest. Lindgren is a vet, and will continue to get practices in, he doesn’t need to play game 79 if it means getting guys games off.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The last 10 minutes I would’ve thought the Devils were the team trying to tie it.

That being said, it’s good to see them again so close to the playoffs. Now they know what they want to do and how they can counter.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Their tiny players slow down at the end of games. We will outgrind them and wear them down. Need to get shots from the point and have traffic in front of shit-his-pants Vanicek. That was a :eek::eek::eek::eek: hair away from being tied 2-2 if Tarasenko saw the puck and banged it in faster than the devil dunce could sweep it away.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tarasenko passed up or missed multiple gimmies in that game. Just tough

Kreider and the kids up front were atrocious. Kakko the worst of them all

The third pair was horrid.

I thought for the most part we controlled that game but we just pissed away home ice by no showing in the first period of a big game. Not a good look

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Wasn't too bad outside of the first.
Standard Rangers post game: we need to shoot more, we need to be a bit smarter defensively, we need abetter bottom-pairing D, and the kids need to do something.

Shesty was good, Miller was good after the 1st, Fox and Mikkola were good, all of the top 6 had moments when they looked good.
3rd pairing was bad, kids were non-existent, Kreider had one of those games were he spent half of it looking like he wanted t be somewhere else but still scores a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad