Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Bet he will enjoy life more competing in NHL playoffs and getting paid millions to do so. He's on our roster next year.
His ELC will be 3 years, and not a million. I'm sure he's watching this disaster and thinking, "the Sabres are contenders, I must get there NOW before their window closes" :D

Reality is that he is watching this disaster, and he'd love to give the Golphers, who appear more competitive than the Sabres, a shot at a national title. He knows he can wait while the Sabres clean up more of this mess. And everything he's said and done tells me he will. He won't be on the roster next season, and the following one to boot.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
His ELC will be 3 years, and not a million. I'm sure he's watching this disaster and thinking, "the Sabres are contenders, I must get there NOW before their window closes" :D

Reality is that he is watching this disaster, and he'd love to give the Golphers, who appear more competitive than the Sabres, a shot at a national title. He knows he can wait while the Sabres clean up more of this mess. And everything he's said and done tells me he will. He won't be on the roster next season, and the following one to boot.
I like how you can read his mind, impressive. The way I see it, he reads an NHL contract and you can see dollar signs in his eyes. It's a massive difference for a 20 year old to go from no income to earning 1-2 mil for an year. That's enough for 99% of the population of this planet. Not sure why you think Casey is different - it's a "million" if he doesn't hit any bonuses and I'm sure as hell he would be ready to bet on himself he can hit the bonuses. And if he doesn't sign an ELC now (as in 2018), he must do it later at the same AAV, so he would be losing a lot of money if he stay in college. Only average to mediocre talent stays in college for 3-4 years. Top talent is normally 1 or 2 max. I think the "reality" is he sees Nico Hischier already in the NHL and probably thinks "I'm better than this guy" - you really think that leads to him staying in the NCAA for 4 years... :thumbu:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
That's not paranoia, thats a kid who would like to enjoy his time in his home state living his dream.

Go back and read everything this k8d has said, his decision to stay with his high school that last year

Your only lying to yourself if you believe for a second he'll be in Rochester or Buffalo inside of 3 years. Maybe even 4.

Leaping from wanting to play at least 1 year at his dream college vs 4 years before pro is a HUGE leap of logic. Going to need links.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I like how you can read his mind, impressive. The way I see it, he reads an NHL contract and you can see dollar signs in his eyes. It's a massive difference for a 20 year old to go from no income to earning 1-2 mil for an year. That's enough for 99% of the population of this planet. Not sure why you think Casey is different - it's a "million" if he doesn't hit any bonuses and I'm sure as hell he would be ready to bet on himself he can hit the bonuses. And if he doesn't sign an ELC now (as in 2018), he must do it later at the same AAV, so he would be losing a lot of money if he stay in college. Only average to mediocre talent stays in college for 3-4 years. Top talent is normally 1 or 2 max. I think the "reality" is he sees Nico Hischier already in the NHL and probably thinks "I'm better than this guy" - you really think that leads to him staying in the NCAA for 4 years... :thumbu:
No matter how much you wish it so, he won't be on the roster next season or the one after. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Leaping from wanting to play at least 1 year at his dream college vs 4 years before pro is a HUGE leap of logic. Going to need links.
Google his name and read through the myriad of articles where he's quoted its been his dream to lead the Golphers to a national title.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Never heard a college hockey player say
"I want out of here asap" and "screw the team and college hockey I want the bucks". So I take this kind of talk as expected.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I heard Mittelstadt was talking about staying at Minny to get his doctorate in quantum physics. We may not see him for years.

And I heard he is planning to pursue a professor vacancy right after that... From the department of Arts.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He made half a dozen amazing plays before he tipped that puck in...then made another one on his next shift. He dominated that period.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I know it's QOC but he kinda looks better than Jack to me lol And they have such a similar style, I can't wait to see him in Buffalo. We need much more of what he has.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You know that Jack actually played in college and broke the whole league en route to becoming only the second hobey baker winning freshman in history right? Pre draft year.

Reactions: sabrebuild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad