Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
After Brendan Dillon hurt his hand at the end of a game, I thought that might be the end of the post game scrums. Nothing worse than a dumb injury when a game is already decided.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This was an incredibly dangerous sequence. I don't understand why the league strains and squints at their rule book to not enforce player safety, while simultaneously pretending extremely clear language demanding that enforcement exists.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
If we're being honest here Zadorov is really the one who made this hit as nasty as it was.

Kinda weird to blame Zadorov, who was trying to help the coward McDavid keep his balance as he used Soucy's stick to push off and escape the mild chirps at the end of a hard fought match.

Really poor sportsmanship and it's horrible he suffered a life-threatening injury. The fact that he has recovered fully from almost having his neck broken is nothing short of miraculous and I expect the Oilers to never lose another game these playoffs, blessed as they are.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Zadorov crosscheck in the back happens a million times.
This is the most ridiculous of all the takes. He didn't push him in the lower back like we see a lot of calls.

In my mind Zadorov's cross check was the most dangerous thing that happened, followed razor close by Hyman, then Soucey (who's actions were only exacerbated by Zadorov's cross check), then McDavid's slash - which actually does happen a million times.
I would have suspended Z and Hyman 1 game, and fined McDavid and Soucey. Soucey's cross check was optically worse as it was a full frontal face/neck and the league punished him for it, but intent-wise I feel like a full on cross check to the lower back of an unsuspecting player and Hyman's Perron-esque crosscheck to the head were definitely worse.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This is the most ridiculous of all the takes. He didn't push him in the lower back like we see a lot of calls.

In my mind Zadorov's cross check was the most dangerous thing that happened, followed razor close by Hyman, then Soucey (who's actions were only exacerbated by Zadorov's cross check), then McDavid's slash - which actually does happen a million times.
I would have suspended Z and Hyman 1 game, and fined McDavid and Soucey. Soucey's cross check was optically worse as it was a full frontal face and the league punished him for it, but intent-wise I feel like a full on cross check to the lower back of an unsuspecting player and Hyman's Perron-esque crosscheck to the face were definitely worse.
You must be exagerrating a lot. Zadorov cross check has happened many times to Petersson this playoffs and i dont see him crying. Even Draisatl is more of a man for taking those cross checks. Why not also look at dirty hits pulled by the oilers. The nut spear on Hogs, baseball bat hit on Hughes face and Hyman crosscheck to Zadorov face. Seems like one team is getting all the calls but not the other. Makes the game look like a joke

Reactions: stampedingviking

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You must be exagerrating a lot. Zadorov cross check has happened many times to Petersson this playoffs and i dont see him crying. Even Draisatl is more of a man for taking those cross checks. Why not also look at dirty hits pulled by the oilers. The nut spear on Hogs, baseball bat hit on Hughes face and Hyman crosscheck to Zadorov face. Seems like one team is getting all the calls but not the other. Makes the game look like a joke
Yea sure, the baseball bat hit to Hughes' face and I'm exaggerating.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Agreed. And McDavid bears some responsibility for escalating a mild scrum at the end of a game.

I think McD is (was) l actually ok with Soucys xcheck, as he realized it was because of the xcheck from behind.

Soucy is not that kind of player. Z is. I used to like him but I don't like the cheap shit he's pulling. He's better than that.

Z should have got 2 games, Soucy a fine, and McD a useless (at the time) penalty.

The hit from behind on Petey the game before was way worse and dangerous than any of this but okay.

Next man up

Another soccer player chimes in!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

I would have suspended Z and Hyman 1 game, and fined McDavid and Soucey. Soucey's cross check was optically worse as it was a full frontal face/neck and the league punished him for it, but intent-wise I feel like a full on cross check to the lower back of an unsuspecting player and Hyman's Perron-esque crosscheck to the head were definitely worse.

Admitted Oiler fan here, late to this convo.
I don't know what I missed or if I was just too pissed at losing but...
What Hyman play is everyone talking about?

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think McD is (was) l actually ok with Soucys xcheck, as he realized it was because of the xcheck from behind.

Soucy is not that kind of player. Z is. I used to like him but I don't like the cheap shit he's pulling. He's better than that.

Z should have got 2 games, Soucy a fine, and McD a useless (at the time) penalty.

Another soccer player chimes in!
I think a fine for all 3 would have been appropriate.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think McDavid should have been suspended for it too. One game each for Soucy and McDavid. You know that's not happening though.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Admitted Oiler fan here, late to this convo.
I don't know what I missed or if I was just too pissed at losing but...
What Hyman play is everyone talking about?
He came in and cross checked Zadorov high in response to the McDavid stuff, it wasn't as forceful and didn't connect as much as the others but the intent was there. Edit: partially because Z had his stick positioned in a way that deflected the blow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad