Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Biggest factor was it happened to a generational player and got national press.
If that’s one of the Oiler scrubs like Kane or Perry at the end of the game there’s a fine at best.
If it was hughes or petey, they wont even look at it and other fans will just say they are soft. Getting tired of the double standards, makes the sport look pathetic.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hyman is scum when it comes to dirty hits. He is same as Marchand, does sneaky dirty hits and runs away.

Cant wait for Juulsen to hit mcbaby. He hits way harder, reminds me of Torres when he hits. Pair juulsen with Myers, Zadorov and Cole and make them specifically hit McDavid. One way or another Canucks will make sure Oilers get the message.
Juulsen is also injury prone and coming into the playoffs ice cold, I hope he doesn't get injured on the first hit from one of our guys

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I said that part. You're denying those other factors?

And btw star players are protected. If it were Hughes getting double teamed with cross checks in a violent clip like that the outcome would have been the same
Not really, nothing will hapoen if it was Hughes. You guys would just laugh it off and say he was soft while sportsnet and TSN wouldnt even show it.

Juulsen is also injury prone and coming into the playoffs ice cold, I hope he doesn't get injured on the first hit from one of our guy
Will see about that. Just tell the golden boy to keep his head up because Juulsen hits harder

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I said that part. You're denying those other factors?

And btw star players are protected. If it were Hughes getting double teamed with cross checks in a violent clip like that the outcome would have been the same
Nope. Hughes is fair game as we’ve already seen. I disagree with your assessment and think it’s almost entirely because it’s McDavid. Another factor you left out is that McDavid escalated the event with a two handed slash while Hughes was totally innocent.
I have no issue with the NHL protecting its stars as long as they do it for stars like Hughes too.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not really, nothing will hapoen if it was Hughes. You guys would just laugh it off and say he was soft while sportsnet and TSN wouldnt even show it.

Will see about that. Just tell the golden boy to keep his head up because Juulsen hits harder
I'm not worried. Juulsen most likely only seeing 2mins of ice time and against our bottom 6

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Of course the league is going to favor McDavid over Hughes and Pettersson. He's a billion dollar marketing product. It makes sense for the league to protect him in some kind of way. Anyone crying about this just started following sports

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Cross check to face after the horn ..

1 game is about as low as the DOPS could go. Hyman incident is tangential but ultimately it is unrelated to the determination for this specific incident.

You would think the Oilers are on very thin ice and a game misconduct will be coming next time one of their guys does the crap theyve been getting away with so far.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Never said it did, still made the sport (league really) look pathetic.

Well....it is a favourite critique on the Oilers when really the were merely the benefactors of a system that while flawed....the flaw was quite difficult to execute. It's not like....you know....having how many extra millions of dollars of roster for the playoffs. ;)

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Well....it is a favourite critique on the Oilers when really the were merely the benefactors of a system that while flawed....the flaw was quite difficult to execute. It's not like....you know....having how many extra millions of dollars of roster for the playoffs. ;)
LTIR is another great example, but didn’t further my conversation in what is really a Canucks Oilers threads

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If there's one thing I've learned, is that hockey players need to stop diving when getting hit from behind. If McDavid doesn't dive here, he doesn't get crosschecked in the head. Simple as that. McDavid needs to protect himself. HF boards has enlightened me.
I found the very drunk guy in a crowd of drunk people!

Reactions: RegDunlop

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Cross check to face after the horn ..

1 game is about as low as the DOPS could go. Hyman incident is tangential but ultimately it is unrelated to the determination for this specific incident.

You would think the Oilers are on very thin ice and a game misconduct will be coming next time one of their guys does the crap theyve been getting away with so far.

Both teams have been inching towards the line. When every TV camera in the place was on this one....I think they were kinda pressed into doing something which serves as a little heads-up to both.

A $5000 fine is nothing to a guy making this kinda change. I proportionally spent more money to go the see the Stanley Cup at the HHoF. Anyone think these guys car about $5k in the pursuit of actually winning it? A fine woulda done nothing....

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I don't know how I missed this so I'm a little late but, McDavid and the two Vancouver players involved are all guilty of things that shouldn't be punishable. McDavid swinging a stick, and the two Vancouver players cross checks are nothing issues. Unfortunately McDavid was hit from behind started going down at the same time the defensan along the boards tried cross-checking him. Then McDavid got clocked good. It's kind of a thing where this is the reason why you don't cross check someone or swing a stick at someone because someone could get hurt or a nothing situation like this could escalate into something that looks ugly. I'm totally fine with the suspension.

Feb 19, 2018
The best part about the suspension is we are now inserting our most physical player into the series. Juulsen make Soucy look like a p***y cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad