Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Hoglander gets speared in the nuts.

Hyman cross checks to the face in the same game.

McDavid two hands Hughes face.

But no, lets suspend a retaliation for a slash.

This league is a joke,

It sounds so much worse when you don't just call it a high stick.

• Haha
Reactions: Bizzare

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Zadorov was in the back from behind third man in lol… gutless play

He got what was coming to him. Isn’t that what all the Canucks fans were saying about mcdavid and his “baseball swing”?

At least the suspension gives you a few more ready made excuses
Hyman's was in the side of the head coming in late from the blindside. Absolutely gutless and vile play.

I guess he'll get what's coming to him next game then? Based on what you believe.

Keep your excuses coming, you've been great at it all series.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So let me get this straight :
  • McDavid two-hander after the whistle which started the whole scrum : no discipline.
  • Zadorov cross-check to McDavid’s back in response to the two-hander : FINE
  • Soucy cross-check to McDavid in response to the two-hander which should have been mitigated by the fact that the intent was to the chest and McDavid had a late downward movement due to the Zadorov hit, and that there was no injury : SUSPENSION
  • Hyman cross-check to Zadorov’s face which caused an actual injury (blood/cut/stitches) and was actually intended for the face/head : no discipline.
Checks out! Seems totally fair.

Basically this whole thing is a ‘don’t touch McBaby’ deal. What a joke.
f*** around and find out, right? Don't want none, don't start none?

Hyman's was in the side of the head coming in late from the blindside. Absolutely gutless and vile play.

I guess he'll get what's coming to him next game then? Based on what you believe.

Keep your excuses coming, you've been great at it all series.
Gutless is coming in from behind on a player already engaged with an opposition player. But then we've been watching Zadorov for a long while after his time in Calgary, we know exactly what brand of gutless puke he is.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
It's hilarious that when McDavid gets crosschecked in the face its "f*** around and find out" and "don't stay in the kitchen if you can't handle the heat" but when Zadorov gets crosschecked in the face after a fracas that he was a MASSIVE part of its "wahhh wahhhh wahhhhhhhhh where's the discipline where's the suspension protect Zaddy he needed stitches"
based on this thread, Kane cross checking Hughes to the face would be a-ok and not suspension-worthy

afrocentric

Apr 29, 2010
It's hilarious that when McDavid gets crosschecked in the face its "f*** around and find out" and "don't stay in the kitchen if you can't handle the heat" but when Zadorov gets crosschecked in the face after a fracas that he was a MASSIVE part of its "wahhh wahhhh wahhhhhhhhh where's the discipline where's the suspension protect Zaddy he needed stitches"

It's more a question of some semblance of consistency.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Edmonton fan now that Toronto's out... not that one cross-check cancels out another lol, but I don't think he was trying to go that high, I think the cross-check to McDavid by Zadorov from behind changed McDavid's height and caused the check to land higher than intended.

Couple that with the fact that McDavid did give a decent instigating slash and I think 1 game is fair, end of the day you can't cross-check a league superstar in the face after the whistle.

And I hate the Canucks almost as much as I hate the Bruins, would love to see something worthy of a 10-game suspension, but can't bring myself to feel like this was that insane.

Deserves retaliation by his teammates though.

Reactions: rec28 and zar

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
I agree with the first point. Don't agree with the second one as it's quite an egregious crosscheck to the face.

If that's garland or Lindholm being crosschecked dead in the chops whoever is commiting the infraction is likely getting suspended regardless of what leads up to it. It also happens after the game is over. Rielly got 5 games for a crosscheck which was just as vicious. It's only the homer Canuck fans that think it wasn't deserving of at least a game.
I’m not a Canucks fan. I understand your point though, but I don’t believe that after the lack of league disciple on the Ryan spear and the Bennett hit that this would have gotten much media attention.

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
f*** around and find out, right? Don't want none, don't start none?

Gutless is coming in from behind on a player already engaged with an opposition player. But then we've been watching Zadorov for a long while after his time in Calgary, we know exactly what brand of gutless puke he is.
The kind that not a single player on the Oilers would even consider confronting from the front. That kind. So I guess it's working out for him.

You and I both know you wish with all your heart you had a player like him on your team right now, so let's all stop pretending. And please, don't go with "if I have to win that way, I don't want to win at all." That would be pathetic.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
One game isn’t so bad, at least it’s Soucy and not Zadorov. DoPS to McWhineys rescue. I expect the next game to be a little “interesting”

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Normally a fine but one game because it’s McDavid.
I can live with that as long as they apply the same standard when it’s an attempt to injure the best D in the league this year.
Protect the stars. Just be consistent.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Soucy gets a much needed rest, he's been one of the worst D in this series 5v5. Its a long road to 16W, he should be better next series.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
1 game seems fair. There was no intent, but it did happen and you have to be responsible for your stick. Zadorov sets the dominoes in motion, so he probably owes Soucy dinner.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
So much worse when Hughes is told to leave the ice because he's bleeding after a primadonna dodged a 4 minute penalty by being a cash cow gifted to a failing team.

Or... the officiating just sucks and they missed it. You don't have to make up these elaborate scenarios in your head.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The kind that not a single player on the Oilers would even consider confronting from the front. That kind. So I guess it's working out for him. You and I both know you wish with all your heart you had a player like him on your team right now, so let's stop pretending.
Please. Dude's a spot picker. Look at his fight card over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad