News Article: Carr and Andrighetto sent down; De la Rose recalled

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Showing off DLR for a trade?
Maybe.

Anyone remember when Therrien said DLR reminded him of Jordan Staal?? :laugh: Staal who had 29 goals as an 18 year old rookie :laugh::laugh:

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about Therrien's ability to evaluate talent I don't think I can help you :help::cry:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The logic or lack there of is mind numbing to me. Carr was one of the few Habs willing to go to the dirty areas, led the team in goals in December and is sent down....
I swear they are just making crap up as they go. No plan, no strategy...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe.

Anyone remember when Therrien said DLR reminded him of Jordan Staal?? :laugh: Staal who had 29 goals as an 18 year old rookie :laugh::laugh:

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about Therrien's ability to evaluate talent I don't think I can help you :help::cry:

DLR won't score 29 goals in his entire career

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
DLR has been playing well in the AHL recently but the call up seems premature.

Especially with the way Carr was playing. In the rough month of December it was Carr who was able o score. I'm not sure how calling up DLR will fix the scoring problem we have.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
That type of player is available on waivers/UFA every year for free. There's very little value in him unless he can develop his pro offensive game and there's much high chance of that happening in AHL vs NHL. At 20/21 years old, there's nothing gained from a 34th overall pick being developed into a fine 4th liner. Even Eller had 57 points in 70 games as a 20 year old in the AHL before reaching NHL.

He finally gets on a bit of a role offensively in the AHL with 7 points in 11 games and Habs are going to pull the same stunt as last season that clearly didn't work out well for him. I can already picture MB calling him a deadline addition for a playoff run.

I agree with everything you said... But if Flynn and Mitchell play like they did last night then DLR can surely play as well. About; Caar and Andrigetto It's proven we can t win with them in the linuep! Habs need to get bigger and more physical for one. Teams have been all over the habs killing them on the boards resulting in low puck possession and poor defensive coverages. In order to score you need the puck and you also need to hit the opposition to slow them down in the 3rd and create turnovers. DLR can create space by pressurering the D and using his big body! Simple hockey. The guy who scores and gets the assist is not always responsible for the goal.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I agree with everything you said... But if Flynn and Mitchell play like they did last night then DLR can surely play as well. About; Caar and Andrigetto It's proven we can t win with them in the linuep! Habs need to get bigger and more physical for one. Teams have been all over the habs killing them on the boards resulting in low puck possession and poor defensive coverages. In order to score you need the puck and you also need to hit the opposition to slow them down in the 3rd and create turnovers. DLR can create space by pressurering the D and using his big body! Simple hockey. The guy who scores and gets the assist is not always responsible for the goal.
Kinda what we have argued about Eller, however Eller CAN pot goals. DLR will disappoint again or get a goal off his shins ala byron and people will praise him. I didn't see him banging, and I fully expect to see him centering the forth line while mitchell is moved to a wing and we start losing all the draws...sigh again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Especially with the way Carr was playing. In the rough month of December it was Carr who was able o score. I'm not sure how calling up DLR will fix the scoring problem we have.

AC tonight saying how sending Carr down sent the wrong message. The whole thing about Bergevin promising a spot to whoever forced the team's hand and how it is a meritocracy and then you send Carr down when he did everything asked of him.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We're officially in the run for Matthews lottery as of today.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Team is goal starved, so the coach:

Sends down Carr/Andrighetto
Moves Galchenyuk back to wing because he is not defensive enough. DD is a defensive stalwart though.
Calls up DLR.

Solid plan :yo:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Maybe.

na MB and MT would trade Galchenyuk way before DLR. Jacob is a grinder w/ CHaracter and impeccable 2 way play, hes practically McDavid lvl untouchable to MB.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
AC tonight saying how sending Carr down sent the wrong message. The whole thing about Bergevin promising a spot to whoever forced the team's hand and how it is a meritocracy and then you send Carr down when he did everything asked of him.
:handclap::handclap:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Everyone turned on MB with his stupid moves yesterday. I guess he wishes for a win tonight. But Im hoping for a lost. Let the chaos continues.

I want Boucher!

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
This is the perfect example of the Therrien cycle when it comes to young players.

- Call up young offensive minded players to help with scoring.
- As soon as they start providing a spark with what little ice time they have, ambush them by placing them on the 4th line.
- When they start struggling on the 4th line, send them back to the AHL and call up a player better suited for the 4th line.
- Then, when that player performs well enough on the 4th line, move him up the lineup to help with scoring in the top 6. :help:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I honestly liked Carr better with AG and Eller than I did Ghetto.
If Therrien has decided to mute Chucky on DD's wing then Carr should be the one with Eller not Flash.
But once again moving parts around DD like he is the center of the universe is what ultimately grinds our gears more than anything So I guess we can say DD is a grinder after all. :D

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
This is the perfect example of the Therrien cycle when it comes to young players.

- As soon as they start providing a spark with what little ice time they have, ambush them by placing them on the 4th line.
- When they start struggling on the 4th line, send them back to the AHL and call up a player better suited for the 4th line.
- Then, when that player performs well enough on the 4th line, move him up the lineup to help with scoring in the top 6. :help:

That's pretty good. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

This pattern suggests MT has it out for TT.
He's on a vendetta to ruin every fn draft pick Trevor ever made.
Trevor did you slew foot MT like Ryan White did or make him look dumb in front of his contemporaries? ::biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad