Speculation: Carolina to trade for defenseman

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
image.png

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Steve Montador - pretty much another Jay Harrison.

I remember back in 09 whey B's acquired him for their playoff run. LOL. The guy was joke against us.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Yep, bad feeling about moving Mcbain. I just feel like he'll turn into the D we wanted him to be once he leaves and we'll be left with the scraps he fetches.

DougieSmash

Jan 2, 2009
Canucks fans wanted Jamie McBain and offer something like this:

Sweatt (AHL midger, not a future NHL player) and 3rd (that means late third round pick)... LOL.

DougieSmash

Jan 2, 2009
Personally, i would trade Gleason in heartbeat. Probably Ruutu but he looks sharp after the return.

Last few years there has been no success at all with core of Eric/ Ward/ Ruutu/ Gleason/ Pitkanen. Why we should continue with this experiment?

Gleason is type of player that teams like Ottawa/ Boston/ Pens/ Kings/ Red Wings/ Avalanche just adored.

Brent, Jokinen, Larose should go in the hurry. Why not Corvo...

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Ian White is availaible from the Red Wings. Knows your hoods.

Just send some draft pick for Ken Holland.

He was a whiny waste of roster space last time we had him. I'd think that he and Eric Belanger are firmly entrenched in JR's small but notable "No way, never again" list.

QuitStaaling

Jun 20, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
thenshl.com
Personally, i would trade Gleason in heartbeat. Probably Ruutu but he looks sharp after the return.

Last few years there has been no success at all with core of Eric/ Ward/ Ruutu/ Gleason/ Pitkanen. Why we should continue with this experiment?

Gleason is type of player that teams like Ottawa/ Boston/ Pens/ Kings/ Red Wings/ Avalanche just adored.

Brent, Jokinen, Larose should go in the hurry. Why not Corvo...

IMO, Ruutu needs to go as well as Joni as soon as he's healthy. JR has such a horrible logic of how to build a defense. With our forward core pretty much set, he should shift to a "net out" approach. I guess that's what he's doing.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Yep, I would start unloading every single player I could...Jokinen, McBain, LaRose, Corvo, Brent, etc. The seasons is over.

Agreed! As big an unload as possible but I would also add a few others to the list as your "etc." implies. They should go hard at shopping some guys for much needed cash. I still think that seeing what Skinner would bring, no matter how unpopular, is the right move. If he were to translate into a few good players people would get over it. I just don't think that there is a high probability that he will develop into that star everyone seems to be waiting for.
A solid back-up goalie would be nice as well.
One more thing. I don't have any problem with a short term rental or two if possible at this point because for now I'm not totally convinced that the season is over. Who knows, Muller may have some sort of revelation in his sleep.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Agreed! As big an unload as possible but I would also add a few others to the list as your "etc." implies. They should go hard at shopping some guys for much needed cash. I still think that seeing what Skinner would bring, no matter how unpopular, is the right move. If he were to translate into a few good players people would get over it. I just don't think that there is a high probability that he will develop into that star everyone seems to be waiting for.
A solid back-up goalie would be nice as well.
One more thing. I don't have any problem with a short term rental or two if possible at this point because for now I'm not totally convinced that the season is over. Who knows, Muller may have some sort of revelation in his sleep.

The howls of "trade Skinner" by a few on here still never ceases to amaze me. You're unlikely to get replacement value on a 20-year old who's won a Calder and is still developing - I forget who pointed out yesterday that Skinner is still younger than Couture was in their rookie seasons. He's still developing and to cast him off this early would just be foolhardy. Of immediate concern is the fact that it completely and totally guts any hopes of a 2nd line offense. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Skinner is a piece you build around, not pawn off. He has the right blend of skill and marketability that Rutherford would be foolish to sell off. Acquire a playmaking winger for that line, get J. Staal and Skinner to work out together in the offseason to better develop their chemistry and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad