GDT: Carolina Hurricanes vs. Pittsburgh Penguins l February 28, 2013 l PNC Arena

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Who?

b8DxwTh.png

Tlusty-EStaal-Semin
Skinner-JStaal-LaRose
Jokinen-Nash-Dwyer
Wallace-Brent-Westgarth

Harrison-Faulk
Corvo-McBain
Gleason-Sanguinetti

Does it really matter?
Backup Goalie

vs.

KmeQm0q.png

Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Cooke-JStaal2.0-Dupuis
Bennett-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Guy who broke Cole's neck-Martin
Niskanen-Letang
Bortuzzo-Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

What?

1u8EkuC.png

When?

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130228T1907&p0=207&fg1=ff605a&fg2=ff605a&msg=Game

Where?

MKjLi08.png

Why?

Because it's the Cup.

*Will update when more info becomes available*

x8qVRJv.png

w9IaxFL.png
RcCR6O1.png

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I was getting annoyed with drawing the penguin so I just said **** it on the 20th iteration of the stick.

So the million dollar question - do I wear a Pens jersey tonight or my Hurricanes jersey? I'm sure this garbage franchise needs all the support it can get and well, at least one person out in the crowd needs to be wearing a Canes jersey. What do y'all think?

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
This one is going to have the look and feel of a home game for the Pens. And I think the game itself will only feed their passion, as I expect the Canes to suck out loud.

8-1 Pittsburgh.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Do you think Blysma will give Boychuk another shot tonight so he can go against his old team?

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Go Rangers and Devils, because they're the only way this division lead **** keeps up for the Canes tonight.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
14-0 Penguins.

For the first time this season I am not excited for a game. Just take the loss and move on.

GoCanes2013

May 7, 2009
Raleigh
Boy, the optimism and local team support in the GDT is enthralling! I have a good feeling that this will actually be a close game tonight, perhaps even a 4-3 Canes win.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Anybody else think Eric has no business on the first line right now? I would really like to see little brother take his place until E gets his **** together.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
The canes actually have a pretty good record against the pens at home in recent years. I think the guys come out strong after their sorry effort in Washington and get the win.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
5-1 loss. Boychuk scores a hatty and Sutter gets a couple of goals. The Canes goal is by Murphy with assists from J.Staal and LaRose. E.Staal spends most of his time rolling around on the ice after losing a faceoff to Crosby.

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
How about a drinking game tonight? When Canes players get beat to the corners or out hustled, we take a shot. When Boychuk falls after attempting a check, we take a shot.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Boy, the optimism and local team support in the GDT is enthralling! I have a good feeling that this will actually be a close game tonight, perhaps even a 4-3 Canes win.

Hi, you must be new here. That's how it is after every single tiny shred of adversity. The season may as well end tomorrow. JR thinking about making a trade? He'll surely get fleeced or reacquire someone. It's all so very tiring and repetitive.

There's no doubt the team is struggling due to the injuries. But Pittsburgh has given up the same amount of goals as Carolina (albeit in more games). If Cam can stay sharp, I can see Carolina scoring 3+ tonight as well.

I, for one, am excited to take in my 3rd game of the year (win vs. Buffalo, loss vs. Boston). It'll be the most games I've gone to in a single season since I moved from Raleigh after the cup year. Unfortunately, I'll be bringing 3 Penguin fans and 1 Leafs fan with me.

Beardy*

Well... for someone on the team this is their last chance to prove that they should still be a Cane this time next week..... LOOKIN AT YOU, JUSSI.... That said, I don't expect to win, and the defense is in such shambles I wouldn't be shocked to see Crosby and Sutter light us up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad