Proposal: Carolina-Canucks: Skinner to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No, off course not, but the guy has value. Something like a very late 7th round pick, but it's still value

ok yeah

but then any time hes included in a deal, think to yourself "would this deal be even if sbisa were replaced w a 7th round pick?"

and in this case, it would be cassels + a 7th rounder for skinner

why would the canes do that when using the same reasoning they could do skinner + 7th for crosby?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
This is one of the worst proposals possibly of all time. I'm gunna go ahead and apologize to the entire Carolina Hurricanes fanbase for this thread.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Good Lord, that is as bad a counter-proposal as the original proposal. That is...I mean, that is incredibly bad.

And for the record, almost all Canucks fans understand exactly what Sbisa is, and want to be rid of him. The only deal that is remotely possible is for E. Kane, and only if Buffalo is terribly desperate.

He is asking for a proven 25-30 goal scorer. Boeser hasnt done anything yet. Who knows what he'll be, maybe one day a 25-30 goal scorer. A solid prospect and a decent pick for Skinner seems reasonable. Certainly its not ideal for you bc you didnt propose the ridiculous original trade. But if thats what the OP wants, this is what has to be returned imo.

What do you propose for Skinner?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
He is asking for a proven 25-30 goal scorer. Boeser hasnt done anything yet. Who knows what he'll be, maybe one day a 25-30 goal scorer. A solid prospect and a decent pick for Skinner seems reasonable. Certainly its not ideal for you bc you didnt propose the ridiculous original trade. But if thats what the OP wants, this is what has to be returned imo.

What do you propose for Skinner?

I don't want Skinner, really, and I agree that the OP produced an absurd proposal. But the idea of trading Boeser for him is also absurd.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This is one of the worst proposals possibly of all time. I'm gunna go ahead and apologize to the entire Carolina Hurricanes fanbase for this thread.

I tell you what sir, I hear great things about this Tim Hortons franchise. You give us one, and we'll call it even.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
I don't want Skinner, really, and I agree that the OP produced an absurd proposal. But the idea of trading Boeser for him is also absurd.

Absurd? Like I said, Skinner is what you hope Boeser becomes. To me its fair value to ask for Boeser and a pick, hedging against Boeser not reaching his potential.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Good Lord, that is as bad a counter-proposal as the original proposal. That is...I mean, that is incredibly bad.

And for the record, almost all Canucks fans understand exactly what Sbisa is, and want to be rid of him. The only deal that is remotely possible is for E. Kane, and only if Buffalo is terribly desperate.

How. Boeser has the potential to be a 30g scorer, Skinner is a 30g scorer.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I will call Calgary's mayor and officially trade you one Tim Horton's for one Piggly Wiggly.

deal?

Deal, calling the NHL offices now.

Unfortunately, we might have to steal some small towns only grocery store option to make this happen, but it's for the best. I can't even recall the last time I shopped at a Piggly Wiggly.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Deal, calling the NHL offices now.

Unfortunately, we might have to steal some small towns only grocery store option to make this happen, but it's for the best. I can't even recall the last time I shopped at a Piggly Wiggly.

self serve ftw

fuquay will survive

glad we could come to this agreement

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

Boeser is also cost-controlled for a lot of upcoming years, while Skinner makes 6 mill. Skinner is also a year removed from scoring 18 goals. He's also had multiple concussions. I'm not saying Sbisa can get him, and I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just saying there is no way the Canucks move their only top line prospect for him.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Do people think Carolina fans are idiots? I know we're in the South but I swear more times than not people think they can fleece us in these threads and we won't notice. We will and we will call you out on it.
No, these are just misinformed proposals but they are equal opportunity offenses from various posters across all fan bases. The only thing more annoying than them is this overly defensive "we're from the South" mantra. It seems pointless to turn it into some referendum on perceived hockey knowledge.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No, off course not, but the guy has value. Something like a very late 7th round pick, but it's still value

Does he have value? Sbisa at 3.6 (front loaded) for 2 more years seems more like negative value to me. You'd have to pay someone to take him or buy him out to get rid of him.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Boeser is also cost-controlled for a lot of upcoming years, while Skinner makes 6 mill. Skinner is also a year removed from scoring 18 goals. He's also had multiple concussions. I'm not saying Sbisa can get him, and I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just saying there is no way the Canucks move their only top line prospect for him.

Oh i dont know if Vancouver would do that either. Just going off the OP that IF they wanted Skinner, Canes would want something decent, not trash. Dont overvalue prospects when comparing to actual NHL players.

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012

That's like saying Ryan Kesler is a 40g scorer in addition to being a selke winner

Would you trade Skinner for Kesler?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That's like saying Ryan Kesler is a 40g scorer in addition to being a selke winner

Would you trade Skinner for Kesler?

You are aware Skinner had 28 goals this season, yes? And has scored 30 goals twice previously? If you want to nitpick about the difference between 28 and 30 go ahead but I hardly think calling him a "30 goal scorer" is off the mark.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
counter: Sedin+Sedin for Lucas Wallmark + 3rd. You'll have to retain 70% of the Sedins because they're old as ****, but if either one makes it through the season without breaking a hip or needing cataract surgery we'll bump it up to a 2nd rounder.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
In a world where Taylor Hall gets traded for Adam Larsson, even Sbisa has value

Not to the Canes.

I mean...we're weak upfront but in terms of what we have in the pipeline on D and where we drafted a lot of them (2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds)...we're defenseman university. Our D pool isn't great just because we keep taking D in the 1st round...it's also great because we keep finding Pesces and Slavins on the 2nd day of the draft and know how to develop them. We do a great job developing defensemen.

We don't need to trade for pricey vets that aren't as good as our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad