Proposal: Carolina-Canucks: Skinner to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Not to the Canes.

I mean...we're weak upfront but in terms of what we have in the pipeline on D and where we drafted a lot of them (2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds)...we're defenseman university. Our D pool isn't great just because we keep taking D in the 1st round...it's also great because we keep finding Pesces and Slavins on the 2nd day of the draft and know how to develop them. We do a great job developing defensemen.

We don't need to trade for pricey vets that aren't as good as our kids.

I think you underestimate how good in scrums Sbisa is...

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Can Vancouver fans please stop with this delusion that Sbisa has a lot of Value.

It's simply mind-boggling how bad some of these trade proposals are.

He doesn't this is bad. [MOD] I was thinking more like Edler for Skinner straight up would be the offer but I don't get it as I feel the Canes have a decent D core. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's a bad proposal, but to be fair, he did put a "+" after Cassels, which could be a 1st rounder or something more valuable.

Also posts like these:

Cassels is terrible.

sbisa sucks, cassels is echl caliber

Are so short-sighted. Yeah he struggled in his first season in the AHL, but that happens to a lot of players (see Shinkaruk, Mantha, etc.). He also was recovering from an injury in the off season after winning the Memorial Cup, which meant he had much less time to workout and train before the season started. Give the kid some time; if he's as bad in the AHL this season, then I'll agree that he looks like a bust.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I was big on Cassels his draft year because I loved his dad. Wouldn't mind some sort of prospect swap there.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Absurd? Like I said, Skinner is what you hope Boeser becomes. To me its fair value to ask for Boeser and a pick, hedging against Boeser not reaching his potential.

That is a fair asking price. Doubt the Canucks would do it (Benning though ...?) but that's certainly the ballpark for getting Carolina to trade Skinner.

Not sure what the other poster is thinking. Maybe Principal Skinner?

The first proposal is frankly just bizarre.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Boeser is also cost-controlled for a lot of upcoming years, while Skinner makes 6 mill. Skinner is also a year removed from scoring 18 goals. He's also had multiple concussions. I'm not saying Sbisa can get him, and I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just saying there is no way the Canucks move their only top line prospect for him.

No, the Canucks shouldn't do that trade, particularly since they're no where close to competing for anything ... but that's pretty much the value for a player of skinner's age, pedigree and injury history and the same goes for Boeser's value. It's very reasonable both ways.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Skinner has had concussion issues, but his ability to score and his age still makes him a desirable add. I think you gotta look at a prospect that you don't wanna trade to get him (Ie: Demko/Boesser). Personally, I wouldn't make that trade, but that's probably the value

member 147413

Good Lord, that is as bad a counter-proposal as the original proposal. That is...I mean, that is incredibly bad.

And for the record, almost all Canucks fans understand exactly what Sbisa is, and want to be rid of him. The only deal that is remotely possible is for E. Kane, and only if Buffalo is terribly desperate.

You think it's a BAD proposal to trade a not even Top 25 prospect for a proven 30 goal scorer under 25!!

That's ridiculous!

Skinner value > Boeser value

Last edited by a moderator:

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Carolina has no need for sbisa, cassels is a fourth line ahl player, whom had a horrible year. And Gaunce shows up for about a dozen games a season.....

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
To Vancouver : Skinner ($1M retained or straight up) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116085

To carolina : Sbisa, Cole Cassels + (Gaunce/Hansen if needed)
Sbisa is a horrible defenseman with a horrible contract. The only value he has is to get him as far as possible off your roster.
Cassels might have some sort of sentimental value to the Canucks but he's not a decent prospect at all

Horrible. It's going to take the Canucks3-4 years to get out of this hole despite what Bennings dreams are

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Can Vancouver fans please stop with this delusion that Sbisa has a lot of Value.

It's simply mind-boggling how bad some of these trade proposals are.

No one thinks Sbisa has any value... Except this guy I guess. I mean his post was solid until the actual proposal.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'm not sure what's worse, the proposal in the OP or that it seems he put some thought and effort into making it.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
The more I think about this I actually think Carolina would be getting the short end of Boeser and a 2nd or something for Skinner. Unless Carolina is trying to dump salary. Oh well.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hurricanes would be needing Horvat+, Boeser+, or Juolevi+ just to pick up the phone. Not sure Vancouver has a single asset as valuable as Skinner

niel094

Jan 13, 2011
So apparently the Sedins are worth two 1st round picks and a top NHL ready prospect. Sbisa is worth E. Kane. And boeser has more value than skinner. Someone also proposed something like tanev and a 2nd for hall... I'm not saying anything I'll just let these proposals speak for themselves :sarcasm:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
So apparently the Sedins are worth two 1st round picks and a top NHL ready prospect. Sbisa is worth E. Kane. And boeser has more value than skinner. Someone also proposed something like tanev and a 2nd for hall... I'm not saying anything I'll just let these proposals speak for themselves :sarcasm:

as far as trade board proposals go

that is p much status quo

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Of all the misinformed comments here I think this is my favorite in reference to Skinner:

"He has been shopped for years while Carolina gets younger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad