Value of: Carolina - Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Actually it is.
As you pointed out, it's between fans, as such, as a Sabres fan, given the Eichel - Reinhart chemistry, what we are attempting to build in the forward ranks, our blue line, while appearing subpar took a good step depth wise in the Nelson signing today, we would want more than Hanifin.

Reinhart and Hanifin are A level assets. Of course you'd trade one for two, but that's facile as ****.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Reinhart and Hanifin are A level assets. Of course you'd trade one for two, but that's facile as ****.

No, it's not.
A Carolina fan wants Reinhart. Buffalo fans don't want to trade him.
So, overpay massively to make it happen or move along.
It's quite simple really.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
the notion that Reinhart would draw a + on top of Hanifin is ludicrous. D-men are worth more than forwards, today proved that. Carolina probably comes out behind in overall value in the long run, they're not adding to it. We're already overpaying as it is.

As to the idea that Carolina is "coming to you" this isn't an Oilers situation where they're desperately begging at the doorstep of every team. Carolina is very happy developing its own forwards, which are a pretty damn good group already. Somebody like Reinhart would be an amazing addition but not enough to sacrifice multiple prospects for.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
the notion that Reinhart would draw a + on top of Hanifin is ludicrous. D-men are worth more than forwards, today proved that. Carolina probably comes out behind in overall value in the long run, they're not adding to it.

As to the idea that Carolina is "coming to you" this isn't an Oilers situation where they're desperately begging at the doorstep of every team. Carolina is very happy developing its own forwards, which are a pretty damn good group already. Somebody like Reinhart would be an amazing addition but not enough to sacrifice multiple prospects for.

No overpayment, no Reinhart.
Have a nice day now..........bye bye

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
These two guys are some of the last players that these teams would trade. The notion that Buffalo would even considering giving up Reinhart is not worth even talking about IMO...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
the notion that Reinhart would draw a + on top of Hanifin is ludicrous. D-men are worth more than forwards, today proved that. Carolina probably comes out behind in overall value in the long run, they're not adding to it. We're already overpaying as it is.

Not gonna argue the rest but how did today's single trade of a winger for a defenseman prove anything about the relative value of defensemen and forwards?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Not gonna argue the rest but how did today's single trade of a winger for a defenseman prove anything about the relative value of defensemen and forwards?

The fact that Edmonton couldn't get a better defenseman than Larsson for one of the league's highest-scoring forwards kind of paints a picture. All else being equal, it seems obvious that if you're comparing a defenseman and a forward of roughly equal talent, the defenseman is going to be worth a bit more.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The fact that Edmonton couldn't get a better defenseman than Larsson for one of the league's highest-scoring forwards kind of paints a picture. All else being equal, it seems obvious that if you're comparing a defenseman and a forward of roughly equal talent, the defenseman is going to be worth a bit more.

1 Trade says nothing to that.

All it says is that Chia didn't value Hall like HFPosters did... and really that's all that matters.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

agree to disagree.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

We don't know what else was out there. Hall being a natural winger is also an important consideration. I value defensemen highly but one trade doesn't validate that or indicate standard league-wide values.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
We don't know what else was out there. Hall being a natural winger is also and important consideration. I value defensemen highly but one trade doesn't validate that or indicate standard league-wife values.

My league-wife's more valuable than yours :D

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
We don't know what else was out there. Hall being a natural winger is also an important consideration. I value defensemen highly but one trade doesn't validate that or indicate standard league-wide values.

I agree.

The fact of the matter is you'd have to grossly overpay for us to consider moving Reinhart. It would be faulk/hanifin + another blue-chip player.

It's completely unfair value, I know. But we're just not in the market for moving Reinhart. I get why everyone would be so interested in him - we have O'Reilly and Eichel locked up long term as our C's, and other teams would use Reinhart as a C - but we're just not trading him unless it's something that would hurt the future of your franchise

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
Is Faulk better then Hanifin? Because then the answer isn't Hanifin, it's Faulk.

depends on how you view them long term.

I meannnn Faulk couldn't even make the US WC roster :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I kid, I kid, Faulk is awesome, would absolutely love him on the Sabres. But not for Samsonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad