Value of: Carolina - Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Buf fans would probably say Hanifin but I'd rather keep him than move him for Reinhart.

Wait a while and see how they're developing then revisit, or if Canes want a #1C soon, explore other options for someone more proven.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I think a small add from Buffalo for Hanifin would be needed though.

Here's our D:

Hanifin - Faulk
Slavin - Pesce
Hainsey - Wiz
Carrick - Murphy
Fluery - McKeown
Bean

Bean is probably above Carrick and after Fluery in value, and McKeown over Murphy.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Only thing that makes sense is Hanifin. You'd rather have Hanifin and many (most?) of us, myself included, would rather have Reinhart. Nothing else is going to do it, so that wraps 'er up.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
As much as I like Hanifin, I think I do this as a Carolina fan.

Reasoning: Slavin is more than capable of anchoring a second pair as a left hand shot. Faulk has shown throughout the course of his career he pairs well with guys like Sekera and Hainsey. It is likely that Fleury or Bean proves capable of filling that kind of pseudo no. 2 role at least. so long term the defense still looks like:

Faulk-Bean
Slavin-vet FA
Fleury-Pesce

And I doubt anybody would have any real beef with that.

The loss of Hanifin as a true blue-chip talent is hard to digest but you must give to get and Reinhart is absolutely the ideal young C the Canes would want to acquire right now.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
It'll cost Hanifin if not more - and I say more only because Sam's going to be one of those anchors come playoff time. It's mostly Sabre fans aren't going to let him go willingly even for a favorable trade.

Now, if you want to talk Girgensons... let's see if we can make a deal.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
We're not trading Reinhart.

This is the real answer. Even if Murray wants to add to the defense and Carolina puts Hanifin on the table, he's going to exhaust every possible option that doesn't touch our core before considering a move like that.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Fasching for one of Carrick, Murphy, or McKeown

Not interested in a Hanifin (or Slavin) for Reinhart swap.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
As much as I like Hanifin, I think I do this as a Carolina fan.

Reasoning: Slavin is more than capable of anchoring a second pair as a left hand shot. Faulk has shown throughout the course of his career he pairs well with guys like Sekera and Hainsey. It is likely that Fleury or Bean proves capable of filling that kind of pseudo no. 2 role at least. so long term the defense still looks like:

Faulk-Bean
Slavin-vet FA
Fleury-Pesce

And I doubt anybody would have any real beef with that.

The loss of Hanifin as a true blue-chip talent is hard to digest but you must give to get and Reinhart is absolutely the ideal young C the Canes would want to acquire right now.

I think it would go:

Slavin - Faulk
Fluery - Pesce
Bean - McKeown

For down the road, keeps the rights and lefts correctly matched.

Losing Hanifin would be the biggest loss on D next to Faulk.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Hanifin or Faulk are the only plausible centerpieces for Reinhart.

That trade is unlikely.

Good news is Carolina and Buffalo are well situated to trade prospect depth with each other. Both teams have some attractive B level prospects.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buf fans would probably say Hanifin but I'd rather keep him than move him for Reinhart.

Wait a while and see how they're developing then revisit, or if Canes want a #1C soon, explore other options for someone more proven.

Hanifin +
And the plus would be an A level +

It's a Carolina asking for Reinhart, not Buffalo asking for Hanifin.
Honestly, Carolina wouldn't give what Buffalo will want.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Hanifin +
And the plus would be an A level +

It's a Carolina asking for Reinhart, not Buffalo asking for Hanifin.
Honestly, Carolina wouldn't give what Buffalo will want.

That's a common fatuous hfboard argument. We are fans on a message board, no one here has any leverage. The difference between the two players is not an A level asset.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Murray said it himself, he has a special place for his first draft pick. Reinhart is just short of the same level of untouchable as Eichel/Risto.

Hanifin is not exactly an "all the touching, all the time" guy either.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
That's a common fatuous hfboard argument. We are fans on a message board, no one here has any leverage. The difference between the two players is not an A level asset.

Actually it is.
As you pointed out, it's between fans, as such, as a Sabres fan, given the Eichel - Reinhart chemistry, what we are attempting to build in the forward ranks, our blue line, while appearing subpar took a good step depth wise in the Nelson signing today, we would want more than Hanifin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad