Proposal: Carolina-Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
to Carolina
David krejci (or a 1st if Boston trades krejci for a 1st to someone else)
Torey Krug
Danton heinen

To Boston
Noah hanifin
Victor rask

Carolina gets an offensive left shot d man to replace the offense of the soon to be traded Justin Faulk. They also either get krejci to be a top 6 center with experience or a 1st. And they get a young wing who can play either side, any situation, and put up 47 points in his rookie year

They go
Krejci
Staal
Lindholm down the middle and

Slavin-Krug-pesce down the left with heinen filling a gap on a wing in the top 9

Boston gets the guy they’ve wanted for a while in hanifin and they get a stop gap at center to mitigate the loss of krejci whether he slots in at line 2 or 3 doesn’t matter with either donato, JFK, or Frederic gunning to supplant him at line 2. Boston’s d core is
Hanifin-mcavoy
Chara-carlo

Their top 9is
Marchand-Bergeron-bjork
Debrusk-rask/JFK-pastrnak
Donato/Frederic-donato/JFK- backes

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Value is probably fair, but if the Canes are trading Hanifin, I would think they would want probably a better young forward coming back than Heinen (who I think is pretty good, just a tier below the forward we would want for Hanifin). Krejci is OK as a short term option, but I doubt they want to be paying 13+ million a year for a Krejci-Staal combo down the middle. Krug is nice but I'm not sure how much the Canes would be interested since they might just try Bean in a similar role for much cheaper.

Basically I think any Hanifin to Boston trade would start with Debrusk.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
think canes say no, krejci is a good player but to often injured and canes are insanely deep on defense Slavin, Haffin, van Riemsdyk, Pesce, Faulk, jake Bean, Haydn Fleury, JAKE CHELIOS, Roland McKeown, so the main pieces coming back for haffin need to be young forwards.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Start with Debrusk or GTFO...

Lol...Bye! Proposal was made on the Bruins board and I said no, easily, there. I say no, easily, here. Hurricanes would be stupid not to take this trade. They make out like bandits.

Top 6 center
Top 6 winger
Top 4 defenseman

For

Top 4 defenseman
3rd line center

They easily could flip Krug for something else, as well. He holds plenty of value.

Reactions: Skelen

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Lol...Bye! Proposal was made on the Bruins board and I said no, easily, there. I say no, easily, here. Hurricanes would be stupid not to take this trade. They make out like bandits.

Top 6 center
Top 6 winger
Top 4 defenseman

For

Top 4 defenseman
3rd line center

They easily could flip Krug for something else, as well. He holds plenty of value.

Why does CAR need to take Krug to flip? That’s idiotic. Why does CAR trade a 21yr old top 4 D with #1 potential for anything less than a comparable forward? Would you trade Macavoy for ROR or E Staal?

Get over yourself, you want Hanifin, it will cost young, blue chip assets, again you don’t want to pay that price, well bye...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why does CAR need to take Krug to flip? That’s idiotic. Why does CAR trade a 21yr old top 4 D with #1 potential for anything less than a comparable forward? Would you trade Macavoy for ROR or E Staal?

Get over yourself, you want Hanifin, it will cost young, blue chip assets, again you don’t want to pay that price, well bye...

Carolina is getting some serious value in this deal. All for basically just Hanifin, because Rask is so meh. Keep Hanifin, and continue to suck. NBD!!

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Carolina is getting some serious value in this deal. All for basically just Hanifin, because Rask is so meh. Keep Hanifin, and continue to suck. NBD!!

So to Carolina fans point. If they offered Jordan staal + Teuvo Teravainen + Justin Faulk
For mcavoy + JFK. That’s kind of a comparable trade in reverse. Do you do that as a bruins fan? In terms of value not need

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So to Carolina fans point. If they offered Jordan staal + Teuvo Teravainen + Justin Faulk
For mcavoy + JFK. That’s kind of a comparable trade in reverse. Do you do that as a bruins fan? In terms of value not need

Except that trade made helps Carolina, need wise. This doesn’t help Boston. Also, LOL. McAvoy and Hanifin aren’t on the same level. McAvoy clearly more valuable.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Regardless of value, this creates more holes for Boston than Carolina.

Canes get a 1C, top 4D to replace Hanifin, and a Wing/Center prospect who has proven he can play in the Chel.

Boston gets Hanifin to fill Krug spot in the top 4 and Rask to fill 3C. 2C is now empty and they have to hope to find one in FA or internal.

Boston says no, I think Carolina becomes a better team but also wants more value for Noah so they also decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad