GDT: carnsh

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I thought that was a good goal when I saw the replay. It sucks that it made it close but...IMO Staal’s actions drove Boyle into Mrazek.

Reactions: Tryamw

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
we need 16 points over the last 14 games.

Over the next week
Capitals- Jets, @Pit,@PHI, @ TB. Want WAS to lose all the games except the Pit game. Hope they win in regulation.
Isles- BJs, Montreal, @ Red Wings B2B Wild. I want them to lose so we can catch them but, I also want them to beat the BJs.
Canes- @COL, @BJs, B2B Buffalo. WIN THEM ALL!!!!
Pitt- BOS, Caps, @Sabres, STL B2B Flyers. LOSE THEM ALL!!
BJs- @NYIs B2B BOS, CAR B2B @BOS. 2 B2Bs this week and Boston twice this week, rough week. LOSE THEM ALL!!!!
Montreal- Red Wings, @Isles, Chi. Lose two and beat the Isles.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
We are good on the road, I believe we could beat Avs even though they are fighting for playoff spot. We also have a game against Devils. I'm afraid for this one but they tanking hard for top pick dressing ECHL lineup. I like our chances against Sabres and Buffalo, so there's 8 pts in those four games. We have been good against Philly this season. Tough schedule but not impossible. Just keep grinding.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'd hope Boston could beat the Jackets this week, but their point streak is already at 19 games. The higher that number goes, the more likely a "letdown" game is to occur. Especially considering it's taken some last minute goals to continue that streak of late

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Oh my. You'd think the team is pretty good at the moment they beat team like Preds. Normally their system (Preds) doesn't allow much goals, but 5? Carolina isn't going anywhere. They are really a team that storms all over the things. I must admit, didn't this season to be like this to be honest. But I don't, my mind to be proven wrong like this.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Aho with 77 pts so far, TT with 63. When was last time we have two 70 pts players? 2009?

In the Finn Goal Börs, Aho is 1st in goals tied with Rantanen (30), one goal ahead that Patrik29 dude. In the Finn Point Börs, Rantanen (86) is the only one ahead of Aho (77). That second-best Finnish 1C, Barkov, is third at 29+46=75, ahead of Teuvo at 4th with 18+45=63.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Canes Bounce Back to Top Predators
by Michael Smith

Captain Justin Williams had this to say after the Hurricanes were embarrassed on home ice by the Winnipeg Jets by an 8-1 margin: "We've always answered the bell this year so far, and it's time again."
Just as quickly as it happened, the Hurricanes were able to bury Friday night's lopsided result with a performance - and, most importantly, two points - much more indicative of the team.
"Two points. Absolutely," Williams said. "We played hard. We played it right from the onset, and we atoned from a dismal performance last night."
"I expected it," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "These guys have been really great all year."
But these Canes aren't so fragile, and they atoned for their power-play sins with two goals on the man advantage after that.
"They more than redeemed themselves," Brind'Amour said.
"The biggest key is to not get frustrated. Having a 5-on-3 and not getting a goal is definitely frustrating, but we've got to stick with the process," Niederreiter said. "We had some good, quality shots during that time and had to make sure we got it done at some point."
"Our worst game of the year as a line last night, and I'm proud of the guys for answering the bell," Williams said. "Nino and Seabass did a great job tonight."
Recap: Canes Bounce Back to Top Predators

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Every time those fans in Nashville start chanting I cring, and feel sorry for them. It mskes my skin crawl. I hate it, sounds pure idiotic. And then I think about how people have been pushing to get them going in PNC. Please.....no.

I lived an hour from Nashville for 5 years 2011-2016. I went to more games in Smashville than I have ever gone to Canes games. The atmosphere in the last 5 years or so has become absolutely electric. pretty much every game. Playoffs there was incredible! Like it or not, the place is almost always ROCKIN. If you haven't experienced it, I highly suggest it, and go as a Preds fan, and hold reservation until then.

What are they chanting?

after a goal, Tim McGraw sings:

"I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. I try. So hard. I can't rise above it.
Don't know what it is about the Predators scoring but I like it, I love it, I want some more of it."

Then the crowd chants

"Hey, you suck.
Hey you suck.
Hey you suck.
We're gonna beat the hell outta you. You. You. You, You, You. "

Then they chant towards the goalie:

"Mraaaazek. Mraaaazek. Mraaaazek. YOU SUCK!
It's all your fault. Its all your fault. Its all your fault! "

So......i don't think anyone could claim their chants are of a mature nature haha. But its incredibly fun to be in the middle of that place rocking and saying the chants cheering for the home team.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
In high school our fans used to all unison point to the goalie and chant “it’s all your fault!”, and re point every time they repeated it.

So that must be pretty common, and the slow chant of the goalie name is common. Seems like someone took their favorite moments from different hockey cultures and mashed them up into one long insult while working in some country music.

I’m ok with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad