GDT: carnsh

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
In high school our fans used to all unison point to the goalie and chant “it’s all your fault!”, and re point every time they repeated it.

So that must be pretty common, and the slow chant of the goalie name is common. Seems like someone took their favorite moments from different hockey cultures and mashed them up into one long insult while working in some country music.

I’m ok with that.
Bingo. The chants remind me of a bit more PG version of the NCAA hockey chants that I'm used to, in a good way.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
In high school our fans used to all unison point to the goalie and chant “it’s all your fault!”, and re point every time they repeated it.

So that must be pretty common, and the slow chant of the goalie name is common. Seems like someone took their favorite moments from different hockey cultures and mashed them up into one long insult while working in some country music.

I’m ok with that.

Seems a little pointless to me though if absolutely no one understands what their chanting.

At least people understand the “Mrazek, you suck” chant that happens everywhere.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think we are the last group that should criticize what another fan base does ... considering.

If they are having fun, who cares?
Well they can do what they want in their own arena, but them better not come suggest me any!

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
yeah we had something similar to the Nashville chant when I was at UND. Although they chanted SIEVE!!! instead of you suck

New Haven Coliseum?

Edit: Just saw you said at UND.

They were doing at in New Haven in the AHL in the early 80s. It was glorious.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad