GDT: carnas6

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
2 Multi point games from brock this series. The 2019 series winner vs the Caps. Brock seems mighty clutch. How much is that worth to a team?

I love me some McGinn. He's one of my favorite Canes to dawn the jersey. I wish there was a way to keep him, but I think with all the salaries that are going up, he's best suited to find another team who will undoubtedly pay him. I just hate seeing a player of his caliber walk.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I love me some McGinn. He's one of my favorite Canes to dawn the jersey. I wish there was a way to keep him, but I think with all the salaries that are going up, he's best suited to find another team who will undoubtedly pay him. I just hate seeing a player of his caliber walk.

Me too man, I really hope we can find a way. I think his playoff performances solidify him as > Foegele, imo.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

I bet you that the Canes pull a Joel Edmundson and deal his UFA rights for a late pick somewhere. As I've said a million times before, the Oilers could certainly use both McGinn and Paquette with their "depth".

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I know Maniscalco has gotten a bad rap on here repeatedly this season, but I could listen to his series winning goal call on repeat all day long and it would never get old.

After the sting of losing John faded some, I think Mike has done a good job this season for his first time. I can't imagine how difficult play by play is, especially if your mind moves much faster than your mouth. He has done much of what we have asked of the Canes themselves; work hard off the ice and keep improving. I hope he continues to improve and he makes the role his own.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

You just never know....there's always some potential shenanigans around the Expansion Draft that could open some salary and, especially, if Dougie doesn't get re-signed.....lots of time for these considerations.

Reactions: The Faulker 27

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
After the sting of losing John faded some, I think Mike has done a good job this season for his first time. I can't imagine how difficult play by play is, especially if your mind moves much faster than your mouth. He has done much of what we have asked of the Canes themselves; work hard off the ice and keep improving. I hope he continues to improve and he makes the role his own.
I didn't get to listen to his call in the playoffs outside of highlights but I do think he got a good bit better at the job as the season went on. He's still not John, and may never be, but I think if he cleans up a few things he can be pretty good. As I said all along, it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the product much.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Getting back around to this. This clip was pretty famous in the army scene a while back. Regularly quoted/said when we were about do something dumb intentionally.
Fair.

THAT IS ONE OF THOSE REFERENCES THAT OUTGREW NOT ONLY ITS SOURCE MATERIAL, BUT THE ENTIRE MEDIUM OF ORIGIN AND HAS BECOME A LASTING PART OF POP CULTRURE FOR A SURPRISING AMOUNT OF TIME.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

agree.

He has markedly improved over the course of the year and his calls over last couple of months have been very good.

Canes PxP continue to be one of the better ones in the NHL (Fox and Bally’s production/video quality issues aside).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I know Maniscalco has gotten a bad rap on here repeatedly this season, but I could listen to his series winning goal call on repeat all day long and it would never get old.

I honestly never had a problem with Mike. Sure he's not John, but I knew that going in. I had no expectations except that he would be better than Shaya and IMO he blew him out the water. So I'm good. Sure he gets stuff wrong and his goal calls and voice levels were suspect for a while but it flowed well enough for me...at the end of the day it's Tripp's world and they're just living in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad