TSN Radio Carlyle likely to be fired

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dreger is a rumour monger.
I'm sick of people quoting him.

He said Reimer is gone (no proof).
He says Carlyle is likely gone (no proof).

Of course those are probably correct. But he's just guessing.
We already know both are probably gone.
He's not adding anything to the speculation.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Not sure if Carlyle is fit for the Leafs, so I'd welcome a coaching change, though is there someone that would be better than him?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's the obvious firing. I hope it doesn't stop there though.

Blaming it all on Carlyle is stupid and I really hope the Leafs don't try to pull that. Our roster is just as bad as the coach coaching it. Make some big changes...send a message that losing and choking is unacceptable.

If I had my wish, at least 10-12 people (coaches, players, management) get canned.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
as much as this board will hate this.. i'll wager alot of money that carlyle isn't going anywhere. it's the players that are at fault

Leafsrule14*

I don't mind it. Carlyle is doing a pretty bad job.

His decisions are baffling. From the line juggling to handling Reimer/Bernier. He doesn't let players be themselves either, he puts them in a role and expects them to adapt like nothing. A good coach lets players play their game and utilizes them to their strength.

The way Carlyle manages Reimer, Kulemin, Kadri, Clarkson and Reilly are beyond stupid. Oh and Grabovski too.

Reimer should have gotten more opportunities and more consistent opportunities. Instead of playing 1 time in 10 games it should be more like 1 in 3 or 4.

Reilly should be playing with Phaneuf, Gunnarson or Gleason. Pairing him with Franson, Ranger and Gardiner is just stupid and a goal waiting to happen.

Kulemin, Clarkson, Grabovski and to a degree Kadri are all misused. Grabo, Clarkson and Kulemin are all in defensive roles, not utilizing them to their strengths. Which is just dumb.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Not sure if Carlyle is fit for the Leafs, so I'd welcome a coaching change, though is there someone that would be better than him?

As long as their system involves covering the points (Don Cherry is right), and not using Cody Franson in a 4 on 4 situation you can be assured that they are far superior to Carlyle.

Kyle Doobas*

I hope that involves the rest of the coaching staff along with some of the players. Scapegoating Carlyle alone isn't going to change much.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
gifchampagne02.jpg

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
For anyone who hasn't been capable of reading between the lines the past 72 hours with Dregar and his TSN Radio spots, he's basically just pulling a massive PR spin in favour of diverting the heat and attention off of Nonis and onto the coach and players.

He is, after all, the one who started this idea that management somehow knew that this team was going to be bad and told their superiors about it.

He's lost a lot of credibility in my mind. I know Nonis and Dregar are related, but this is a little much. Goes right up there with Dregar trying to apply pressure on Kadri & Franson on Nonis' behalf last summer, to this.

But yes - Carlyle gone won't surprise anyone.

morrielly

Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Won't really change anything. Yeah his system is bad but the players don't want to play defence.

Pretty much all of our forwards do the same thing, as soon as the defense gets it, they wait at the red line for a stretch pass leading to turnovers.

has to be the system

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
as much as this board will hate this.. i'll wager alot of money that carlyle isn't going anywhere. it's the players that are at fault

It doesn't really matter if it's the players. You're not going to be able to fire the whole lot, so the best bet is to fire the head of the coup and try to get another name that will be able to organize the group and make them listen. I think it's pretty clear that Carlyle has lost the boys in the locker room. With that being said, there should be no reason to believe that this is the team they'll be going with next season. I'd expect one impact move this offseason, especially considering the influx of UFAs/RFAs the team will have.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00