Prospect Info: Carl Klingberg

aloonda*

how is the jet's klingberg doing and will he ever make it up on the big club?

the stars are quite happy with his brother, just wondering, I searched and couldn't find much talk about him

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Carl leads the Jets' AHL team in goals this season, but they don't seem to be inclined to give him a real shot over Peluso/Thorburn/Halischuk/etc.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
how is the jet's klingberg doing and will he ever make it up on the big club?

the stars are quite happy with his brother, just wondering, I searched and couldn't find much talk about him

hes one of several guys the jets wont give any chances too for some reason. he has looked really solid in short nhl stints. has real good hockey iq, good skater, could be a solid 4th liner.

aloonda*

Carl leads the Jets' AHL team in goals this season, but they don't seem to be inclined to give him a real shot over Peluso/Thorburn/Halischuk/etc.

if he is anything like his brother on the hockey iq department---I find it hard to believe that he isn't a better player than those guys?

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
As someone who has watched him for four years in the AHL, his work ethic was suspect, but has improved. He has hands of cement. No finish at all

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Simple reason, where would Pardy play? If he is important enough to move a Norris threat off the blue line he so he can get more ice time, then a prospect has no chance.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
As someone who has watched him for four years in the AHL, his work ethic was suspect, but has improved. He has hands of cement. No finish at all

this.
many people here overrate Klingberg's abilities.
barely a 4th liner.
career AHLer.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Not This

this.
many people here overrate Klingberg's abilities.
barely a 4th liner.
career AHLer.

Were you saying the same about Ben C. Sometimes you need to give a guy a shot to see for sure. You never know if the guy with these credentials is a washout without putting him in a situation were there is a chance he could succeed. A 6-3 right shot and we had a right side spot open on our big hitting 3rd line. He was a 34th overall for crying out loud. Give him 6-8 games already. Tell him play the system and hit and you may stick around. Crazier things have happened this year.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Hmm, leading the team in goals with no finish, that's interesting.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I was going to write that the OP can just wait until the Stars sign him this summer because I thought he was going to be a Group VI UFA then, but it looks like he won't turn 25 until next January thus should stay restricted this summer.

Is that correct? Am I crazy?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
hes one of several guys the jets wont give any chances too for some reason. he has looked really solid in short nhl stints. has real good hockey iq, good skater, could be a solid 4th liner.

In his stints with the Jets I thought his skating was sub-par, choppy, not a lot of acceleration. Thought he was pretty good defensively though.

Guy is already 24 and will 25 next season and you wonder how much time he has left to show! Another Machacek?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Carl looked okay when playing for the Jets but nothing more. He hasn't been given a shot this year. He works hard and can skate but has weak hands and an average shot at best.

I still think he has the upside to become a serviceable 4th, maybe even 3rd line forward in the NHL.

If I'd had to guess I'd say he won't make it.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
In his stints with the Jets I thought his skating was sub-par, choppy, not a lot of acceleration. Thought he was pretty good defensively though.

Guy is already 24 and will 25 next season and you wonder how much time he has left to show! Another Machacek?

Skating is his best attribute. Have you actually seen him play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad