Recalled/Assigned: Carl Klingberg recalled by Winnipeg Jets

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/carl-klingberg-recalled-by-jets/

The Winnipeg Jets today announced they have recalled forward Carl Klingberg from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League.

Klingberg, 23, has played in 62 games with the IceCaps so far this season. In that time, the winger has recorded 38 points (20G, 18A) and 42 penalty minutes. He has played in seven career NHL games, between Atlanta and Winnipeg, where he has recorded four penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the second round, 34th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

------------

What's up? Kane not want to play at all?

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Way back when, we thought (with very little real reason for doing so) Klingberg was the second coming of Tomas Holmstrom - much as Boris Valabik was to be Chara Jr.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad to see Klinger get another shot he has been playing pretty well on the Rock, although I think it would be hard for him to get here in time for tonight's game?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It's for Buff. I'm ok with this. We have no one up with us currently that can step into Buff's shoes and perform. Speaking of, what happened to Wright? No one seems to talk about him. I think he's injured, but I can't remember what he injured and how long he's been injured.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Speaking of, what happened to Wright? No one seems to talk about him. I think he's injured, but I can't remember what he injured and how long he's been injured.
Ankle injury - got mentioned in a presser a couple days ago that he would be skating again soon.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
So that probably means that Kane...

Oh dear.

You mean 'Oh dear' 'cause Kane's sitting? I would agree and add a 'good grief', but the Freep says he's in:

Kane, Hutchinson, Klingberg lacing up for Jets tonight

Edit:

Ladd's out.

@WFPEdTait: "#NHLJets Dustin Byfuglien has torn a muscle; done for the season; Ladd will not play tonight. Klingberg in; Hutchinson starts vs. Wild #bn"

Must be a healthy scratch because of a bad attitude/trade request/not-a-team-playerness/orange juice.

Last edited:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Playing his way to a new contract.

It's good to see that after last year's disappointing season he was able to bounce right back. If I'm not mistaken I think he's also on of the Cap's best 5 on 5 goal scorer this year as well.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Playing his way to a new contract.

It's good to see that after last year's disappointing season he was able to bounce right back. If I'm not mistaken I think he's also on of the Cap's best 5 on 5 goal scorer this year as well.

*AHL's

Last edited:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Seriously? Well color me surprised :amazed:

I looked it up for the article linked above.

Incredibly almost all of that offense has come at even strength. Klingberg has 19 goals on the season and 18 of them have come at even strength. His first poweplay goal came yesterday (Sunday, March 23rd). Only three AHL players have scored more at even strength (Ty Rattie, Travis Morin and Teemu Pulkkinen) this season. Klingberg is also on pace to top his previous season high point totals.

Haven't looked at it since then, but that isn't that old.

tucker22*

Aug 8, 2012
I am sure the rumour of Ladd being a healthy scratch due to him being out partying with Fred Penner and Raffi will make the rounds on HF soon. Not quite as gangsta as Drake and Evander, but it's hard to be a pimp in the Peg.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I am sure the rumour of Ladd being a healthy scratch due to him being out partying with Fred Penner and Raffi will make the rounds on HF soon. Not quite as gangsta as Drake and Evander, but it's hard to be a pimp in the Peg.

That wasn't Raffi, it was RiFF RaFF
9-Riff_Raff_304x304.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad