Eklund Rumor: Carey Price to VGK

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I have a feeling this thread won't go well lol...as a MTL fan, I wish. I love Price but it's time to go in a new direction and start fresh. Just don't see it though.
I could actually see this happening, Vegas does not really have to many options to choose from and I do not think it would be as much as a gamble as most think.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Vegas gets a good goaltender who's great in the playoffs while the Habs don't have a good goalie to ruin their tank.

Should be a win-win trade.
It literally can’t happen - Vegas does not have off-season space - they have 2 ish mil
Left in the 10% cushion

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
E74E5AC3-482F-4B11-BAE1-B1AD5EB9EBA8.gif

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Before we start hearing proposals: Is Price healthy?

Habs retaining at 50% have to take a cap dump back to make it work.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Realistically, what is the penalty for going over the cap? Does it depend on the amount over? If not, then F it. Grab him. Go $15mil over the cap or whatever. No big thang.

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
Realistically, what is the penalty for going over the cap? Does it depend on the amount over? If not, then F it. Grab him. Go $15mil over the cap or whatever. No big thang.
I didn't get a clear answer but apparently....

Violations could lead to fines, contract cancellations, loss of draft picks, forfeiture of games and/or loss of points.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Are there hits and misses columns for Eklund? I get that this is a hockey forum meant for, among other things, hypothetical discussions on possible moves, but why are we prefacing threads with this guy's name? Genuinely curious - has he been right enough to show that he's doing more than randomly throwing out names every time a team has a need, hoping he'll get lucky? I mean, I can do that too.
"Canadiens need an RD. I hear they're open to a PK Subban reunion - they're waiting on a few moves first"
"Canucks might be locking up JT Miller after all - hearing 6 years 9.5 million is the starting point"
"Kadri getting tired of waiting on Isles - has a west coast offer on the table that's BIG, but wants to play for a contender"

Duhhhh

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Before we start hearing proposals: Is Price healthy?

Habs retaining at 50% have to take a cap dump back to make it work.

The question is why retain and have 50% count against your cap when the player is otherwise sitting on LTIR not counting against your cap and I believe therefore being paid by insurance not the club. All for the gift of taking the oppositions cap dump that will also tag against their cap. How could they possibly say no to that?

Honestly I don’t see how there’s any chance of a workable proposal here.

Reactions: zeeto

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Looong time ago I had real inside information from two really high up sources. Wasn't allowed to post it until told to do so. It was for my entertainment or at the right time, the sources benefit.

(Some old timers may remember this)

When I read about "insiders" I'm always skeptical. Simple rule, those who know won't post it and those who don't scream it.

(Edit: Which GM is going to reveal a trade? Most of the time they don't happen but some schmuck is going to go on a hockey board and throw out names? Great for team moral. NOT. If there is a favorite draft pick, do they want that public? Coach about to be fired? Guaranteed that no insider is going to come in here and spout team secrets. If they did, that relationship ends right there.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes