Confirmed with Link: Carey Price is the recipient of the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I disagree. Saying we won't win anything anyway is accepting a losing culture.
My God man...

Look at our culture for the past 30 years. Every year we tried to win with substandard lineups... THAT is a losing culture.

We aren't good enough to win anything right now. We have tradeable assets like Petry who can help build towards the future. THAT's how you build a winning culture. You think down the line rather than trying to win with crap rosters.

Carey Price is busted up. If another year off will help him... let him take it. Win/win for both parties.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
My God man...

Look at our culture for the past 30 years. Every year we tried to win with substandard lineups... THAT is a losing culture.

We aren't good enough to win anything right now. We have tradeable assets like Petry who can help build towards the future. THAT's how you build a winning culture. You think down the line rather than trying to win with crap rosters.

Carey Price is busted up. If another year off will help him... let him take it. Win/win for both parties.
Well, looks like in your point of view is everything in this team is Price first and only. The rest is just crap, not very cool for the other players. You quote he is busted. He is already getting old to a point when lot of players retire and you want the Habs Team to put all their planification into that player? There will be a day when this team will turn the page with Price and planify with another franchise player, or a new core of players. With Price we never know. He return to play, he is not. His injury will be healed or not. He have the desire to fight and return to play or not. Do you think most Habs fans are happy and confortable with The Price mystery now?

I'm agree with trading assets like Petry for a proper rebuilt, 90% Habs fan will agree with this, except his value isn't very high.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
In my opinion, Saku Koivu deserve his jersey to be retired as much as Carey Price. Koivu was close to have his jersey retired and it didn't happened. Some people were mad it didn't happened at the time and today it's all forgotten. The same could happen with Price, his fans will be mad at the beginning and it will fade with time.

But I could be wrong. Maybe the hype Price have with his fans is greater than Koivu. You know, winning a Cup makes a big big difference in Montreal.

f*** no.

1) He was not a great enough player.

2) I don't like the numerous echoes I got about his behavior as a leader, at all. Too much smoke to ignore it.

I know there are a lot of Koivu fanboys so I'll leave it at that and won't engage in this discussion further.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, looks like in your point of view is everything in this team is Price first and only. The rest is just crap, not very cool for the other players. You quote he is busted. He is already getting old to a point when lot of players retire and you want the Habs Team to put all their planification into that player? There will be a day when this team will turn the page with Price and planify with another franchise player, or a new core of players. With Price we never know. He return to play, he is not. His injury will be healed or not. He have the desire to fight and return to play or not. Do you think most Habs fans are happy and confortable with The Price mystery now?

I'm agree with trading assets like Petry for a proper rebuilt, 90% Habs fan will agree with this, except his value isn't very high.
Price is gonna be what he’s going to be… if he comes back this year great. All I’m saying is that the team should give him a year more if it’ll help him because we should rebuild this year anyway. This team is unlikely to go to the playoffs with or without him.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I was hoping he would retire. He isn’t a superstar anymore and most likely end up injured. His cap hit is an anchor.

Reactions: amethyst

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Price has played a lot for us. He deserved a one year break to help us get Bedard.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Only in the NHL. If I snorted cocaine, then used my employer's employee assistance program I sure as shit wouldn't get a trophy. Most probably get fired.
Imagine making 10 million a year, developing a drug problem, not showing up for work and still getting praised for it?

If this was some CEO most of you would rip him apart.

Reactions: cphabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
it would be incredible if the Habs tank another year while Price recovers, and then the following season he's back to good form and the Habs have Wright + [1st round 2023] in the bag.

Only in the NHL. If I snorted cocaine, then used my employer's employee assistance program I sure as shit wouldn't get a trophy. Most probably get fired.

Imagine making 10 million a year, developing a drug problem, not showing up for work and still getting praised for it?

Oh come on.

He was using pain meds to get through the playoffs. After the playoffs he realized he couldn't function without the pain meds (or recreational drugs -- same thing) so he joined the substance abuse program. He's still in a lot of pain, it isn't a mechanical issue it is a pain issue. He has to endure a lot of pain to play the game -- and that sucks.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
it would be incredible if the Habs tank another year while Price recovers, and then the following season he's back to good form and the Habs have Wright + [1st round 2023] in the bag.

Oh come on.

He was using pain meds to get through the playoffs. After the playoffs he realized he couldn't function without the pain meds (or recreational drugs -- same thing) so he joined the substance abuse program. He's still in a lot of pain, it isn't a mechanical issue it is a pain issue. He has to endure a lot of pain to play the game -- and that sucks.
None of this shit would have happened if it wasn’t for f***ing Kreider! Been running goalies his entire career POS!!!

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Rehabilitating a work-related injury is considered showing up to work. I had a big injury at work once that required surgery and 6 months of rehabilitation and i was paid the whole time. You have no idea the amount of work and effort it takes to come back to where you were before the injury. Making 10 million like Price will not magically make a knee better without effort.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
My God man...

The organization became the let's find the best goalie we can, and hey anything can happen if he is lights out....almost worked, once!
Sad...........we haven't had a guy in the top ten scoring in like 35 years..............just brutal.
Building for the near future, and getting out of Bergy Cap Hell are the two most important things right now.

There is a shift, in culture and it started the minute Bergevin got fired. We needed that...

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If you come visit me on my street, you look at my house and my neightbour's houses and then you see that house, looks like they are millionnaires. They must work a lot to have that huge balcony with all that nice decorations, pool and lights. No they don't work at all, except to built that nice wooden balcony. I can't use the tricks for not working and live a life of milionnaire. Because I have principles, same with my other neightbours. We work 5 days a week to pay for these bs (welfare) and we can't change that stupid unfair system. This is Canada. There are different categories of people, we are not equal vs the laws and the money.

Same with the superstars : the actors, the professional athletes, the high finance people and the politicians. They belong to the upper class and you and me we don't. They have different laws than you and me. We have to pay, we have to earn our life and we have to shut our mouth. And on top of this, we have to applause those privilege people, they are the example to follow.

Reactions: cphabs

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
If you come visit me on my street, you look at my house and my neightbour's houses and then you see that house, looks like they are millionnaires. They must work a lot to have that huge balcony with all that nice decorations, pool and lights. No they don't work at all, except to built that nice wooden balcony. I can't use the tricks for not working and live a life of milionnaire. Because I have principles, same with my other neightbours. We work 5 days a week to pay for these bs (welfare) and we can't change that stupid unfair system. This is Canada. There are different categories of people, we are not equal vs the laws and the money.

Same with the superstars : the actors, the professional athletes, the high finance people and the politicians. They belong to the upper class and you and me we don't. They have different laws than you and me. We have to pay, we have to earn our life and we have to shut our mouth. And on top of this, we have to applause those privilege people, they are the example to follow.
Imagine boiling down mental health and drug addiction issues as a class warfare thing. I know lots of working class people who received praise for seeking help with alcoholism from their friends. "But why does the guy who has had most of his adult life under a microscope get more attention about rehab when he is still under the microscope." Gee rocket science there.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Bruh the other dude lost his brother from a drug overdose, Price shouldnt win this.

You're missing context. I already said I had no problem with Hayes winning.

I'm talking about the people who said Price shouldn't have been nominated/be a finalist.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
So has the nhl done away with the awards ceremony?

The winners of the five remaining awards – the Calder Memorial Trophy, Hart Memorial Trophy, James Norris Memorial Trophy, Ted Lindsay Award and Vezina Trophy – will be revealed in a one-hour live show on Tuesday, June 21 at 7 p.m., ET, airing on ESPN in the United States and Sportsnet and TVA in Canada.

Reactions: Chili

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You're missing context. I already said I had no problem with Hayes winning.

I'm talking about the people who said Price shouldn't have been nominated/be a finalist.
Judging by some of the posts in this thread, I think you overestimated some people. Some pretty sad posts.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Price could have easily taken the whole season off, especially at the end when the Habs had nothing to play for. The fact that he persevered through all his issues and played at the end of the season makes him a great choice for this award. He showed his dedication to the game of hockey.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I've seen this misconception alot where people are saying price was on a vacation all year, or he was"off work".

Do you think he was sitting on his ass all season?

Thats not how injury rehab works.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
What is the show for if they have already announced the winners several days earlier?

To announce the Hart, Lindsay, Norris, Calder, and Vezina winners. Those award winners are not suppose to be revealed in advance of the live ceremony.

Reactions: JianYang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad