Post-Game Talk: carcbj

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Good thing: Lots of face-off wins in this game. A puck-possession offense looks much worse without the puck.

Good thing: Ward seems to be pretty sharp in his infrequent starts. Makes you wonder how different past results would’ve been if they didn’t ride him quite as much...?

Good thing: Hanifin getting the good feels. I get that he seems to be a confident kid, but everyone has limits to what their ego can take before it starts to adversely affect your play.

Good thing: Pesce returns, we’re back at full strength, and McKweon goes back to CLT feeling good about his game. Also good: we feel less bad about his game.

Good thing: a regulation win against a divisional opponent. Can’t understate the importance of that. Also good: beating Bob.

Good thing: taking less than 3 penalties. An uptick in penalties called was a huge narrative in the league following preseason games, and the Hurricanes have done well to avoid it.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
my boy brock mcginn out here getting better every season. hope he can maintain the momentum and become a bottom six staple we desperately need as it pertains to providing some secondary scoring. he's an absolute grinder and that's a compliment. as long as he doesn't get overslotted which is always the risk when a player starts to show a pulse on a team that's not incredibly deep or consistent at forward.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
my boy brock mcginn out here getting better every season. hope he can maintain the momentum and become a bottom six staple we desperately need as it pertains to providing some secondary scoring. he's an absolute grinder and that's a compliment. as long as he doesn't get overslotted which is always the risk when a player starts to show a pulse on a team that's not incredibly deep or consistent at forward.

In theory, DiGuiseppe has more offensive talent, and yet, McGinn is better at making it actually count for something. I enjoy his game a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad