GDT: carcbj

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For the most part, our goaltending has been pretty effective. There have been a couple "gimmie" goals for both of them this year, but there have been far more goals against that fall mainly on the responsibility of the D.

And it's not like it's McKeown or some of our younger D that typically make the mistakes. It's the guy that we gave (or share) a "C" for whatever reason.

Faulk lost his guy and then made a weak attempt to disrupt the breakaway. That goal's on him.

Meh, your a notorious goaltender defender. I'm not suggesting our D isn't without fault, but other teams goalies (Bob with 2 already) bail their team out from time to time. Cam? Not so much. I mean, it's tough though. When you have a super skilled guy like Dubinsky coming in, the goalie doesn't have a chance.

What you want from a goalie is overall solid play, bailing the team out from time to time and limiting softies. I don't think we've gotten any of the 3 from Cam on a consistent basis in the last few years.

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Alone in the dark... finally hear the power company’s trucks... maybe I’ll have power back in time to see peters pull Ward with 4 minutes left...

Drinking MGDs alone in the dark makes me rad right?

Positive.... just stay positive

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
First 6 mins the other team doesn't even enter our zone more than 10 seconds total. We use all that time to cycle and shoot unscreened shots from the point...other team finally gets into zone and scores by driving the middle of the ice.

I can't put my finger on it but I feel like I've seen this before. After watching a lot of other teams I haven't seen any that have the ice tilted so heavily in their favor or that are so perimeter based.

Every other team gets in the O zone...tries to get to the middle of the ice and score.....we're so content to just tilt ice and hold the puck expecting that means we'll actually score...

Just because you're doing things indicative of a winning team doesn't mean you'll win....those numbers are a product of a winning team not the goal.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Meh, your a notorious goaltender defender. I'm not suggesting our D isn't without fault, but other teams goalies (Bob with 2 already) bail their team out from time to time. Cam? Not so much. I mean, it's tough though. When you have a super skilled guy like Dubinsky coming in, the goalie doesn't have a chance.

What you want from a goalie is overall solid play, bailing the team out from time to time and limiting softies. I don't think we've gotten any of the 3 from Cam on a consistent basis in the last few years.

Yeah, you're comparing our backup to a guy who's won 2 Vezinas. It's no surprise one is performing better than the other. And it's not like Dubinsky's a Brookbank out there. He's typically good for 15-20 goals a year.

Turns out when you give those guys a breakaway, they tend to score (if they're not wearing a Carolina uniform).

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

A mental error that leads to a breakaway against that is only the fault of 1 skater isn’t the time to piss and moan about goaltending. There will be plenty of time to piss and moan about goaltending.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A mental error that leads to a breakaway against that is only the fault of 1 skater isn’t the time to piss and moan about goaltending. There will be plenty of time to piss and moan about goaltending.

I'm really not pissing and moaning about the goaltender. I'm saying that breakaways happen for every team in the NHL. It just seems that Cam Ward's biggest fans (BLB for instance) take every one of those as a case to complain about the Canes defense, which started this whole conversation. Yes, those happen, and yes, the Canes goalies don't do a great job at bailing the team out, thus it's a 2 way street.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad