Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK]2017 5th round pick to Vegas for expansion consideration

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The Canes really had two players that preferably they needed to protect and that was Stempniak and Nordstrom. Well worth a 5th to do that. Brickley is just nobody, a marginal AHL talent who's already 25 years old.

I really do not understand what Vegas is doing at all - I mean, I get collecting darts for the dartboard, but 4th and 5th round picks, you might hit on 1 in 20.

If I was Vegas, I just take Stempniak, then turn around and trade him right back to Carolina for a 3rd or whatever.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Maybe the Canes have another trade lined up for a drafted player that'll make it all look more even tomorrow when it's announced, and part of that agreement was that Vegas would take Brickley?

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
The Canes really had two players that preferably they needed to protect and that was Stempniak and Nordstrom. Well worth a 5th to do that. Brickley is just nobody, a marginal AHL talent who's already 25 years old.

I really do not understand what Vegas is doing at all - I mean, I get collecting darts for the dartboard, but 4th and 5th round picks, you might hit on 1 in 20.

If I was Vegas, I just take Stempniak, then turn around and trade him right back to Carolina for a 3rd or whatever.

Couldn't trade him back to original team until after January 1

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5