GDT: CAR@NYR; There's a game, but Zykov isn't playing. Time for Rage.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
At this point, Darling should be playing for his spot on next years team. Getting a spectacular save SHOULD happen to make up for one of the many duds he’s given up this season. Instead, we’re seeing the same old fish out of water we’ve come to know. Am I surprised? No. Do I think this continued performance should seal his fate? Absolutely.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
At this point, Darling should be playing for his spot on next years team. Getting a spectacular save SHOULD happen to make up for one of the many duds he’s given up this season. Instead, we’re seeing the same old fish out of water we’ve come to know. Am I surprised? No. Do I think this continued performance should seal his fate? Absolutely.
Hopefully we open up the checkbook like we did with Semin and pay him just to go away. He has pretty much been a spectacular failure, and a few good games to end the season wouldn't really change much. He is what he is at this point.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Hopefully we open up the checkbook like we did with Semin and pay him just to go away. He has pretty much been a spectacular failure, and a few good games to end the season wouldn't really change much. He is what he is at this point.
Or if we don't need the cap space next season Bury him in the AHL and be on the hook for 9 more million (of the 12 still owed. ) Gives a bit more flexibility so other contracts can come off the buyout phase.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Or if we don't need the cap space next season Bury him in the AHL and be on the hook for 9 more million (of the 12 still owed. ) Gives a bit more flexibility so other contracts can come off the buyout phase.
I don't care what they do as long as he's not our goalie next year

Buy out, bury in AHL, or retain 50% and package a prospect and/or pick

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Non Canes Question:

Can somebody explain to me why any NHL team didn't make a trade for Jonathan Marchessault before the Knights selected him?

Like.... If GMRF had traded a player like Stempniak who Florida could have exposed and a 2nd rounder, could we have had him?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Faulk will be our next Jussi Jokinen. He'll be jettisoned for a 6th round pick in the middle of next season and then become awesome again somewheres else.
Don't hold your breath on that one. Faulk has like a tenth of the hockey sense that Jokinen has. And Faulk already moves like he's a 45 year old instead of a 25 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad