Confirmed with Link: [CAR/MTL] Keegan Lowe for Philip Samuelsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I guess the GM isn't allowed to make minor deals?

All because you guys are expecting a big Trade and are disappointed?

Seems reasonable...

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
You could read it just about everywhere....CAR will move some of its talented D-men to bolster their forward group...

Then this trade happens....

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I guess the GM isn't allowed to make minor deals?

All because you guys are expecting a big Trade and are disappointed?

Seems reasonable...

Common refrain on these boards.

People act as though minor deals somehow prevent larger deals from taking place.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Most likely a favor asked to Bergevin. Yet, I prefer Lowe to Samuelsson for wahtever that is worth...which is...not a whole lot.

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I would have preferred to hear about a major trade but at least this shows Bergevin is working and not just sitting on his backside after hiring CJ.

Question: Have any of these minor trades ever amounted to anything?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Kevin Lowe's son for Ulf Samulesson's son...interesting trade!!
(I much rather his assets vs his flaws! hoping he can be a good 6-7 for us...in case of injuries).

ASSETS:
The son of former NHL standout defender Kevin Lowe plays a similar, no-nonsense style behind the blueline. Limits mistakes and can be a physical presence. Owns a projectable frame for the big league.

FLAWS:
Lacks a bit of skill, so his offensive contributions are somewhat limited at the National Hockey League level. Is more of a depth player whose ice time needs to be monitored and restricted.

Source:
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/9122

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Kevin Lowe's son for Ulf Samulesson's son...interesting trade!!
(I much rather his assets vs his flaws! hoping he can be a good 6-7 for us...in case of injuries).

ASSETS:
The son of former NHL standout defender Kevin Lowe plays a similar, no-nonsense style behind the blueline. Limits mistakes and can be a physical presence. Owns a projectable frame for the big league.

FLAWS:
Lacks a bit of skill, so his offensive contributions are somewhat limited at the National Hockey League level. Is more of a depth player whose ice time needs to be monitored and restricted.

Source:
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/9122

LD....gives us depth in emergency of 6th d-man

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
So... Bergevin is fine tuning the defense in St-John's?

Can anyone tell him we need some scoring help up here in Montréal? Because it doesn't seem he's aware of that. :laugh:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Ron Francis doing a favor to Ulf by bringing his son in

Don't really mind the move, Lowe is younger so who knows, but both look like career AHL'ers

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
gets younger and cheaper (80k AHL vs 125K AHL). That's all I got, other then Samuelsson was a big disappointment, wasn't even that good of a 3rd pairing D in the AHL. :shakehead

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
LD....gives us depth in emergency of 6th d-man

Exactly!

LD depth in case of injuries...

LD:
Markov
Emelin
Beaulieu
#7) Hanley or Lowe
#8) Lowe or Hanley

''Plays a similar, no-nonsense style behind the blueline. Limits mistakes and can be a physical presence. Owns a projectable frame for the big league.''

Hopefully he's good enough to at least get top 3-4 minutes at St-John's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad