Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] G Frederik Andersen re-signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $3.4M AAV)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
$7m for 3 goalies, who won the Jennings in 2021-22, is stupid.

Added with the savings from the Staal extension, the Canes have a ton of cap space to use to improve the offense this season

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Eh, he was not good last season. Term and money isn't a risk Really, but he looked cooked last season and I'd have probably moved on. But he obviously likes it there

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
You are aware he put up 1.87 GAA and .927 SV% in the playoffs right?
I'm not one to put all the stock into a few weeks of good play at the end after a brutal season, especially advanced stat wise behind a really good defensive team.

Like I said, I dont think it's an awful contract, it's not long enough or high enough AAV to be. But I'd probably just have moved on myself

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm not one to put all the stock into a few weeks of good play at the end after a brutal season, especially advanced stat wise behind a really good defensive team.

Like I said, I dont think it's an awful contract, it's not long enough or high enough AAV to be. But I'd probably just have moved on myself
Well the playoffs are kind of important so performing well in those ‘few weeks’ are kind of a big deal whether you personally put stock into it or not. Canes goaltending is going to come in at $7m for 3 goalies this season. That’s unbelievable value.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Damn, I wanted the Sabres to go after him. I would have been totally fine overpaying him on a 2-3yr deal. Something like $5M x 2 or even $6M x 2 if that’s what it took to get him to want to come to Buffalo. He would’ve been a nice bridge starter until Levi was ready.

Maybe Andersen didn’t want to leave Carolina and just took their best offer. But I’d love to know if any other teams made him an offer and if Buffalo was one of them.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
As long as he can stay healthy, he does well in that system so it should be a good signing
He doesn't stay healthy, that's the problem. The Hurricanes goaltenders have a small cap hit, which is good, but I'd be worried about having the same old injury-prone goalies.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad