Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Bradly Nadeau signs ELC with the Hurricanes (3 years, $950k AAV)

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Kept his college eligibility just to go one and done? Huh. Good luck to him in the pros.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This is really surprising to me. Nadeau had a great college season but far from “too good for the NCAA”. Wonder if there’s something going on not strictly hockey-related?

Reactions: Hogan20

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
While I’d agree that if Cale Makar can come back for a sophomore season, Bradley Nadeau certainly can - he didn’t just have a “good” season. It was a pretty remarkable season for a guy who is still 18 for another month and came straight from the BCHL to a non-power team (of recent times) in a power conference where has and his brother were the focal points from day one.

Sucks for Maine because I’m assuming the other shoe to drop may be Josh signing with Carolina as well. He’s not the prospect Bradley is obviously but no doubt he can be an AHL playmaker. Seems straight forward that you’d look to keep that chemistry together as Bradley continues to develop.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Surprised to hear that
Ya it’s a weird situation. It sounds like the AHL owners are saying they aren’t willing to expand but Carolina is reportedly only willing to pay $6-7 million for an expansion fee and AHL owner want $15-20 million so there’s a big gap there. There’s talks of Baltimore if it does happen but it doesn’t sound close right now

Found the article for those curious… 32 AHL Thoughts: 'Where Do We Go From Here?'

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Ya it’s a weird situation. It sounds like the AHL owners are saying they aren’t willing to expand but Carolina is reportedly only willing to pay $6-7 million for an expansion fee and AHL owner want $15-20 million so there’s a big gap there. There’s talks of Baltimore if it does happen but it doesn’t sound close right now

Found the article for those curious… 32 AHL Thoughts: 'Where Do We Go From Here?'
Probably just that the Canes and Chicago Wolves have agreed to play nice again. The Wolves had an absolutely abysmal year as an independent team, so likely getting an influx of high end, young a talent is exactly what they need. The Canes obviously just need a place for all the guys they have drafted to play and develop.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
While I’d agree that if Cale Makar can come back for a sophomore season, Bradley Nadeau certainly can - he didn’t just have a “good” season. It was a pretty remarkable season for a guy who is still 18 for another month and came straight from the BCHL to a non-power team (of recent times) in a power conference where has and his brother were the focal points from day one.

Sucks for Maine because I’m assuming the other shoe to drop may be Josh signing with Carolina as well. He’s not the prospect Bradley is obviously but no doubt he can be an AHL playmaker. Seems straight forward that you’d look to keep that chemistry together as Bradley continues to develop.

Seems automatic that Josh is gonna come with him at some point. Always have come as a package deal.

Sure doesn’t seem like he’s physically ready to go pro. He’s 5’8” 165lbs. Could definitely benefit from spending some more time in college.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sure doesn’t seem like he’s physically ready to go pro. He’s 5’8” 165lbs. Could definitely benefit from spending some more time in college.

I mean he’s gonna be 21 in October, I’m not sure he’s gonna to get that much more “physically ready” for the pro game at this point. He was every bit as good as Bradley this year and if you think Bradley can play in the AHL - there’s definitely a strong incentive to sign Josh. He’s probably a Rocco Grimaldi or TJ Tynan at best but small, slippery dynamic playmakers can definitely thrive at the AHL level and I like the synergy if you are talking about an organization trying to create a truly competitive AHL developmental environment after the tire fire of this past season.

Who knows maybe Josh wants to stick around college and it would be great for Maine…I just think it’s a no-brainer for Carolina to offer him a pro deal too.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This is really surprising to me. Nadeau had a great college season but far from “too good for the NCAA”. Wonder if there’s something going on not strictly hockey-related?
Not saying this is why, BUT alot of kids realize how tough it is once getting to school to be able to juggle courses and play hockey... plus also things change quickly when the potential for a TON of money is knocking at the door

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

15 millions is peanuts for a credible pro sport franchise owner.

WTF is going on here. Just do it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

Later in the article Howson said the league has no current plans to expand. Did everyone else have to pay 15 million to get an affiliation with someone? It’s absurd to handcuff Dundon and force him to pay that…if they’re actually willing to expand…..just to have a place to put a handful of prospects. I don’t blame him for balking at it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

They aren’t willing to expand and Dundon has told the AHL owners they are ready and interested when someone is interested in selling.

If they won’t expand he’ll wait for someone to sell. Hoping the AHL will at least force the Wolves to affiliate with someone if they won’t expand to allow the Wolves to remain independent.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Damn, I really enjoyed seeing Maine become relevant again. Hopefully they surprise in the near future and keep the ball rolling. Good for Nadeau, I'm genuinely happy for him and hope his pro career takes off quickly.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad