Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Dmitry Orlov signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $7.75M AAV)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Good ole +\-

Three of those minuses are ENGs
2 are SHGs
A couple of others are because DeAngelo sucks at defense

Generally the team has bad luck on both sides of the ice when he is playing too.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Good ole +\-

Three of those minuses are ENGs
2 are SHGs
A couple of others are because DeAngelo sucks at defense

Generally the team has bad luck on both sides of the ice when he is playing too.
Uhhh... you don't get a - for SHG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I know. But you don't get a - if they score a goal when you're shorthanded.

He’s been on the PP that’s given up short handed goals. Simple.

Certainly didn’t deserve a:

1697819426781.png

type response.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
If it wasn't a contract year I would have Skjei move down to play with DeAngelo and move up Orlov to play with Pesce and I think that would fix a lot of the problems. I'd rather see Orlov and Chatfield on the bottom pair and be done with it but no matter what it'll all work out. Wake me up when the playoffs get here.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Can't it be that him and DeAngelo just don't click as a unit and why is Brind'Amour not breaking them up? Last year Seider and Chiarot were a terrible combo and Lalonde hung on for 33 games of that before moving Chiarot away from Seider. Seider immediately went back to rookie form and had a great rest of the season.

Also, looking just at stats, the goalies all have brutal numbers right now, so how many crappy goals are they letting in? Husso was letting in a lot of softies last year when Seider was on the ice.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Can't it be that him and DeAngelo just don't click as a unit and why is Brind'Amour not breaking them up? Last year Seider and Chiarot were a terrible combo and Lalonde hung on for 33 games of that before moving Chiarot away from Seider. Seider immediately went back to rookie form and had a great rest of the season.

Also, looking just at stats, the goalies all have brutal numbers right now, so how many crappy goals are they letting in? Husso was letting in a lot of softies last year when Seider was on the ice.

There’s been a few that the goalies should have stopped, Raanta in particular. However, you can’t place too much blame on Andersen/Raanta/Kotchetkov with how the team is playing in front of them.

Orlov-TDA may end up working out and on paper looks like a fantastic 3rd pairing. But that pair ,along with the Canes’ “league best blueline” has been awful the first 6 games. They haven’t yet kept a team under 3 goals.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I feel TDA is staying in the lineup for a couple of reasons. Primarily because he’s been chosen to be part of the pp, and it’s seems obvious RBA really likes what TDA has brought to PP with his quickness and passing. The pp has been a sore spot for the last couple of years. The second reason I would suspect is that Orlov has had as much to do with the mehness of the pairing as TDA has, so it’s hard to blame TDA. RBA is also very loyal to vets that have worked hard for him and is slow to remove them from positions he’s placed them in.

Personally I think he should consistently play 5v5 on the fourth line and then play the pp, with Chatfield getting his 5v5 minutes. Though that never lets TDA find his footing on that third pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad